VideoGame Community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[This shit is not working Saibot!]

One Chance

3 posters

Go down

One Chance Empty One Chance

Post by Saibot01 Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:30 am

Many games want to be about "meaningful choices"; problem is: More often then not you can simply reload the game if you happen to not be happy with the end result, which lessens the effect of your "choices". Some games try to circumvent this problem by having the results only show MUCH later, far beyond the last save (and likely far beyond your desire to replay so much of the game).

And then there is "One Chance" a short flash game about choices. The creator even went to so far as to not allow a replay of the game (except of course if you clear your cookies and history).

Try it here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/555181 and tell us which endings you got (small warning, on the first day you can possibly do something you did not actually wanted to if you hit "Space" with abandon, so think before hitting "Space").

Also, what are your opinions of "meaningful" choices in games?
Saibot01
Saibot01
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Character sheet
Test Game:

http://randomsquad.com

Back to top Go down

One Chance Empty Re: One Chance

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:22 pm

[Heheh. I got stabbed. And I skipped work to bang my Wife and shit. Also, I do not think games can truly have meaningful choices. They can certainly emulate meaningful, but at the end of the day it is all just a game. A game can greatly pull at different emotions with choices, and I think the evil/good twist a lot of games implement with their choices is a way for us to do something we normally wouldn't do, just to see how it feels. Kill a Cop. Shoot the geek serving you French Fries at the nearest restaurant. Grow Demon Horns and redden your eyes. In-game choices give us a chance to be a completely different person, and that is something that no other type of entertainment can ever hope to offer]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:17 pm

Found cure, lost family to do it. Game seemed forced and overly boring. Also you made me go to Newground, I shall never forgive you.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by Saibot01 Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:15 pm

Moses wrote:Found cure, lost family to do it. Game seemed forced and overly boring. Also you made me go to Newground, I shall never forgive you.

Well, then my work here is done.

*disappears, never to be seen again*
Saibot01
Saibot01
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Character sheet
Test Game:

http://randomsquad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:14 am

Saibot01 wrote:
Moses wrote:Found cure, lost family to do it. Game seemed forced and overly boring. Also you made me go to Newground, I shall never forgive you.

Well, then my work here is done.

*disappears, never to be seen again*

[I will totally stab you if you leave CH]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content