VideoGame Community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[This shit is not working Saibot!]

Star Ocean: The Last Hope

5 posters

Go down

Star Ocean: The Last Hope Empty Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Post by Dark Sage Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:57 pm

Ok so heres another game from the Star Ocean series. Ok so even thought this one was supposed to be moddled after SO:TET it is very different. Instead of a 3 person cell you can now control up to 4 chars. Also the skill and attack functions are vastly different. In SO:TeT you tapped x/o for weak attack/strong attack and held the x/o for w/e skill you set on there, alos there was a close/long for each button. So you were limited in what you could chain together. But in LH you have buttons for attacking and buttons for skills. Also they got rid of the close range long range setting but if you need to be close range for an attack it will miss unless your close enough. They also changed the bonus gauge and added a charecter linked attacks. I reccomend this game but if i had to choose between SO:TeT and SO:LH then i choose SO:TeT. And this will be my last topic create for awhile because i feel like im creating to many.
Dark Sage
Dark Sage
New Dood
New Dood

Back to top Go down

Star Ocean: The Last Hope Empty Re: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Post by TheDarkStarAlchemist Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:37 pm

Dark Sage wrote:And this will be my last topic create for awhile because i feel like im creating to many.
Honestly, the more topics the better.

This^
TheDarkStarAlchemist
TheDarkStarAlchemist
GAMER!
GAMER!

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:49 pm

Never played a Star Ocean.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Sage Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:00 pm

What-.- thats a travesty. i really do recomend you play 3 or 4 they the best
Dark Sage
Dark Sage
New Dood
New Dood

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkStarAlchemist Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:31 pm

Moses wrote:Never played a Star Ocean.
That's sincerely depressing Star Ocean: The Last Hope Kopfschuettel
Play one. I recommend SOTET.
TheDarkStarAlchemist
TheDarkStarAlchemist
GAMER!
GAMER!

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:27 am

[This game was AMAZING! From start to finish I tell you! ....gasp...let me give my review of the pros and {almost nonexistant} cons]

[First of all, not only are these incredible graphics, but they are the best I have ever seen on an RPG title, no exaggeration. The graphics engine is also superior, allowing for the most gorgeous effects. It uses a blend of CG and Cell-Shading to bring a unique visual candy to the table. The story was phenominal, and since you are traveling from planet to planet, its' hard to predict the synopsis, which keeps you guessing from beginning to end. The sidequests were....gasp......were....FUCKING GREAT! I love sidequests! Sidequest heaven I tell you! Anyway, the Battle system was VERY good for an action based RPG, and had many elements I haven't seen before in an action title. Star Ocean veterans won't be disappointed either, as the game boasts tons of old elements, including the infamous item creation, which is MASSIVE in this title]

[Item creation will give you HOURS of enjoyment, all the while you'll be swearing obscenities at your party for bitching out early and not creating enough new items for your creation cravings. You have a VERY fast dash you can preform on the maps, allowing you to EASILY outrun virtually any enemy on screen, perfect for the times you want to avoid fights and just explore freely. For those who use regular 4:3 televisions there is a lot to miss here. Viewing it in high def should be a law in the U.S, and a trust-fund set up to supply people with free HD displays so they aren't breaking the law. The only thing I have to say against the game is its' use of monsters in rooms/areas where you need to figure out a puzzle or learn where you need to go. Not only do you HAVE no lack of enemies, they step it up on purpose, turning a very enjoyable, 30 minute task into a very frustraiting 3 hour job. Case in point; I have not beaten this game! There were only a few times they put a fuckload of enemies in my way while trying to solve a puzzle, but the final time was too much. I am at the VERY end of the game, and I am too pissed to do it without a picture guide. I could describe the situation to you in detail, but suffice to say you have about 100 doors that connect to each other, and you must find one in particular, with DOZENS of enemies in your way, and obstacles that prevent you from being able to dart for a door easily. Whats more, they divide the doors into different areas, and you have to enter certain doors to access others, making the correct door part of a several-correct door configuration, complete with hoards of enemies THAT DONT STAY DEAD!!!]

[The background music in the game isn't spectacular, and is at times bland, but is still decent enough for me to not gripe about it while playing. Now, being a HUGE fan of game length, and it being one of my big things that I base a game rating on, I was very pleased with this title. To play straight through this game is possible in around 30 or so hours, but that's without enjoying the sidequests, watching every possible cinematic and not taking a moment to fuck around and enjoy yourself. This game exceeds 70 hours when you enjoy yourself and preform all the sidequests. Also, when the game is beaten, it unlocks two BIGASS dungeons. For me, a game title that is 0-10 hours is fucking shitty. 10-20 is lame, 20-30 is laughable, 30-40 is bearable, 40-50 is decent, 50-60 is standard, 60-70 is pretty good, and anything above 80 hours of gameplay is fantastic, so I naturally approve of this title's length]

[My rating for this game is as follows. Enjoy]

gameplay---10
audio/music---6
battle system---9
plot/storyline---8
characters---10
sidequests---10
length---10
graphics---10
OVERALL RATING 9/10
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:37 pm

Gonna be on the PS3 with more content next year.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:35 pm

Moses wrote:Gonna be on the PS3 with more content next year.

[That figures lol. They've been doing that a lot lately. Well, I'm actually planning on getting a PS3 in a few months anyway. The new version of the PlayStation3 pleases me very much, so I think the time to transfer over is as soon as I get my Elite first, and then scrape up the cash ^^]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by crimson tears Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:10 am

loved it simple as
crimson tears
crimson tears