VideoGame Community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[This shit is not working Saibot!]

Jagged Alliance DS

2 posters

Go down

Jagged Alliance DS Empty Jagged Alliance DS

Post by Saibot01 Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:20 pm

Apparently, without my knowledge, Strategy First had released a remake of the first Jagged Alliance for the Nintendo DS this Summer... I guess my NDS will soon get used again...
Saibot01
Saibot01
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Character sheet
Test Game:

http://randomsquad.com

Back to top Go down

Jagged Alliance DS Empty Re: Jagged Alliance DS

Post by Moses Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:33 am

I wonder how sad it will make saibot if I tell him I have no clue what Jagged Alliance even is.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by Saibot01 Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:55 am

Not at all because I did not expect anything else.

In short: You are a guy tasked with liberating/killing/whatever a nation/person/whatever (depends on the game).

To do so you will hire a squad of mercenaries, lead them through turn-based tactical combat, plan how to approach the campaign, try to make money and so on.

The funniest part is that every merc has an actual personality and so some might refuse to work with certain other mercs, work especially well with others again or attack even if you did not order them to (like some rather mentally unhinged characters).

The campaign also often has some roleplaying elements between the battles, which mix it up nicely.

Also great is the ridiclious stuff you can pull, like going to a flower ordering website through your in-game laptop and send the Evil Queen you are meant to take out in JA2 a bouquet of flowers and a nice card reading: "Hope you die and rot in Hell".
The ensuing cutscene after this is hilarious.
Saibot01
Saibot01
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Character sheet
Test Game:

http://randomsquad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down