VideoGame Community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[This shit is not working Saibot!]

Armored Core 4/Armored Core 4A

Go down

Armored Core 4/Armored Core 4A Empty Armored Core 4/Armored Core 4A

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:58 pm

I have no clue what this counts as, action? Shooter?

Basically, AC4 and AC4A is exactly what it says on the box: Blazing fast Mech action. As you would expect, you are the pilot of an enormous, incredibly durable robot about half as large and a thousand times as deadly as a battleship. You live in a futuristic society where companies have transcended government and purchased continents, and high tech war mechs called Normals are the infantry units. Some Normals use Kojima Particle technology, a recent discovery which can be molded into a shield (Primal Armor) or fired as a projectile (Kojima Weapons). KP (Kojima Particles) are a kind of radiation, and the ability to mold KP into PA (Primal Armor) or weapons is only found in Psychic Sensitives, who are extremely rare, and who are almost required to pilot special normals called Nexts. Any Next is far superior to a group of normals, and of course you are the pilot of a Next.

Gameplay is incredibly fast paced for a mech, as you gain the ability to use a reserve of Energy (EN) for not only energy weapons such as laser rifles and lazer blades and plasma cannons, but also the many Boosters on your mech for (what else?) boosting, which looks like skating while on the ground, or flying if you are not on the ground.

Playing feels like any of the DBZ games, as you fly about the map at ~400kM/h, dueling inferior bots and superior Next's, and even multiple Nexts simultaneously, often in a losing situation.

Online play is not advised, I would swear that the only people who inhabit the long dead realm of Armored Core Online are actually psychics who have a deeper control of their mech. You will die within seconds if you sign on.

The storyline is... bland. But I still recommend it, I bought it to see if I like mechs or not a while back, and I'm hooked on AC4 even still.

Apparently it's exactly the same as any decent mech, you spend ten minutes or more building your mech between each mission to get a better combo, then five minutes in the actual mission where you get your ass blown up for having a bad design, then tweaking for another twenty minutes, but completely different in that you can hardly keep up with the battle because of how stupid fast it is. I wouldn't know, I've only played AC4, and AC4A @TDSA's house, and he's not as good as me (LOL).

P.S. I'd like to remind you that when I went online, I got my mech handed to me three times in a row, and I literally didn't see the other mech for any of that time, which was a cumulative 45 seconds, so don't feel too bad, TDSA.

Back to top Go down

Armored Core 4/Armored Core 4A Empty Re: Armored Core 4/Armored Core 4A

Post by Moses Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:16 pm

Never played, but a friend likes the series.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:50 am

*accepting any 360 callouts for AC4*

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content