VideoGame Community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[This shit is not working Saibot!]

Something that has seriously disturbed me.

+2
Magicalgnome
Chaos
6 posters

Go down

Something that has seriously disturbed me. Empty Something that has seriously disturbed me.

Post by Chaos Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:55 pm

http://kotaku.com/5489137/wii-gun-involved-in-3+year+old-shooting-is-amazingly-lifelike?skyline=true&s=i

This is really quite explanatory and I just wanted to let everyone know of some of the fucked up things people do.
If you own a gun like myself and many other North Americans be smart with it! For godsakes common sense first.

On top of that this totally doesn't sound right to me.
There is no way a 3 year old can undo the safety, cock the gun, and shoot herself with her mother only a few feet away at the computer.

Any thoughts on this?
Chaos
Chaos
Light Player
Light Player

Back to top Go down

Something that has seriously disturbed me. Empty Re: Something that has seriously disturbed me.

Post by Magicalgnome Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:12 pm

Criminal negligence if it was an accident, otherwise, it's pretty damn convincing that it could have been more then the parents will admit.
Magicalgnome
Magicalgnome
Occasional Player
Occasional Player

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Something that has seriously disturbed me. Empty Re: Something that has seriously disturbed me.

Post by Moses Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:29 pm

That wii gun looks NOTHING like a real gun, other than they both are black.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:59 pm

Moses wrote:That wii gun looks NOTHING like a real gun, other than they both are black.

Agreed.
Chaos
Chaos
Light Player
Light Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:05 am

Here's the telltale sign: Fake guns have orange nubs on the end, real guns are hollow and made of metal. My potential offspring will be thoroughly versed on the difference between plastic Wiimote attachments and solid metal killing devices. I wonder how some people can let their kids get into this sort of situation, first off, who leaves a Glock where a three year old can get at it? Second off, who leaves their kids so hungry for knowledge that they fail to notice the fact that the Glock not only weighs much more, but also doesn't seem to interact with the Wii at all? Really now, I can't understand it at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaos Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:28 am

-Points out gun in question does not have an orange tip.

But the rest of it Yes i agree with. Thanks for your input.
Chaos
Chaos
Light Player
Light Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Magicalgnome Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:14 pm

I think everyone would have found this story much better if the kid shot the tv honestly. And why wouldn't she? I don't think that many kids pretend to shoot themselves with guns. It's usually their parents. >_>
Magicalgnome
Magicalgnome
Occasional Player
Occasional Player

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:19 pm

Magicalgnome wrote:I think everyone would have found this story much better if the kid shot the tv honestly. And why wouldn't she? I don't think that many kids pretend to shoot themselves with guns. It's usually their parents. >_>

Unless they been playing too much Persona 3. ZING!
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by Magicalgnome Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:23 pm

I lol'd. +clout
Magicalgnome
Magicalgnome
Occasional Player
Occasional Player

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Saibot01 Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Saibot01
Saibot01
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Character sheet
Test Game:

http://randomsquad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:39 pm

Persona 3 almost didn't make it to the states because of that. Thank goodness for P4 using glasses!

Back to top Go down

Post by Saibot01 Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:03 pm

Well, technically the glasses are unrelated to Persona summoning. The Card Crushing is.
Saibot01
Saibot01
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:15 pm

I'll give you that, but without the glasses, you're boned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:12 pm

And actually P3 was never not going to make it to the states. Was a rumor. No one even knew of the game till it got delayed 2 weeks because of a Art book printing thing.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:20 am

I can't say P3 had any moral grounds to stand on. The premise is that you go to school at midnight with all of your friends and shoot yourselves in the head, and that's when 'cool stuff' is supposed to happen, but mostly you just die. Then again, it is rated M, so I guess some people should use their discretion.

'ESRB rating: M
Sexual reference
They shoot themselves in the head repeatedly
Use of alcohol/drugs
Did we mention the head shooting?
Buy GTA, it's tamer, even with hot coffee
Crude humor'

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:25 am

All the SMT games expect for a few handhelds and the EARLY PS1 ones are rated M, such is pair for the course.

And this is more for the fact of the LONG list taboos the series touches on, more so than a head shot with no blood and a fake gun.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by Saibot01 Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:45 am

Blasphmeny, among them. The Persona series has not had that yet, though.

But if it they had considered it THAT objectionable then they would have slapped an AO rating on it, what they obviously did not do.
Saibot01
Saibot01
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:41 am

[I think its' bullshit that everyone got all hyped up over the gun action in P3. And for someone to say that GTA is 'tamer' is a travesty common sense. No personal shot intended Shameless. I think, for some reason, RPGs are given a heavier, harder time with content, simply because with the exception of SMT games, I see NO MA rated RPGs. Yet games like GTA have blood, guts, drugs, hookers, etc. If anyone thinks P3 is 'extreme' due to alcohol use, let's take a look at other games, like Manhunt. In Manhunt, words like 'beef curtains' 'fucking' and 'fucker' are used NONSTOP. Not to mention racial slurs geared towards jews and blacks. Your enemies walk around with Nazi symbols tattoed on their bodies. Oh, I forgot to mention; you fucking MURDER these dudes in very gruesome ways. Pick up a plastic bag and creep up behind them. Hell pick up a piece of glass and slit their throat]

[The game actually gives you a more gruesome murder scene the longer you can stay behind them without them noticing your presence. Games like this come out every day, but the SECOND an RPG has questionable content, its' fucking barred. Am I right or wrong? Well, ask yourself, how many MA rated RPGs are out there? How many of those had extra content that wasn't allowed? I think that answer speaks for itself. Now parents are all up in arms about the content of games, and everyone wants to blame the movies, games and music. Why blame that stuff? Cause its' easier than blaming the true culprits; yourselves. You as parents are responsible for raising your child. If you don't like it, stop having kids, stop playing games and shut the hell up] -[AT9]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Black Beard Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Chaos wrote:
Moses wrote:That wii gun looks NOTHING like a real gun, other than they both are black.

Agreed.
To an adult...no way they would look alike,or feel the same for that matter.However,we are talking about a three year old here.Furthermore,it is possible that the safety was off and the gun was already cocked and if you've ever tried to seen a parent with a three year old at a grocery store...you'd know that they tend to try and ignore the child to prevent temporary inanity.If it was an accident,I beleive it would have happend like this...

The irresponsible hick of a father heard something outside the night before,so he grabed his gun to check it out.When he is checking the scene he could have heard something that startled him making him take the safty off and cock the gun.Turned out to be nothing.Dude goes back inside putting the fire-ready gun back on the table.The next day the mother is on the pc talking to her internet buds when she hears a all too farmilliar sound "mommy,can I...".With just one thing on her mind she tells the kid yes.After all,apeasment allows her to get back to her life much faster.So the kid picks up what she believes to be the controller and accidently shoots herself.

...just speculation of course
Captain Black Beard
Captain Black Beard
[Admin of the seas]
[Admin of the seas]

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:39 pm

I would think a 4 lb (loaded weight of that gun in the image) would br hard for a 3 year old to hold.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Black Beard Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:05 pm

Not if the kid was hittin the gym 3 time a week.I make a solid point don't I?
Captain Black Beard
Captain Black Beard
[Admin of the seas]
[Admin of the seas]

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:06 pm

Toadally.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by Saibot01 Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:14 pm

TOADALLY? HOLY FUCK! Beard is a friggin frog?
Saibot01
Saibot01
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Black Beard Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:10 am

Something that has seriously disturbed me. 105755-BYYPZLV
Captain Black Beard
Captain Black Beard
[Admin of the seas]
[Admin of the seas]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down