VideoGame Community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[This shit is not working Saibot!]

So I've been using Mutorrent for a while...

2 posters

Go down

So I've been using Mutorrent for a while... Empty So I've been using Mutorrent for a while...

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:56 pm

µtorrent is a wonderfully small Bittorrent client and it has served me well ever since I started using it. For those of you who do not know, torrents are a great little way of filesharing, and they work in mysterious ways. Not really, they work in very methodical ways, but still... What they do is they tell your torrent handler where to look for specific files, and they download them from other computers.

I was listening to Pandora internet radio the other day, with the pirate bay open in another tab, downloading songs to my hearts content, when I was struck by an idea: I need an intelligent .torrent file that downloads songs that I 'like' on Pandora.

Obviously, my one semester of high school java isn't enough programming experience for me to be able to go ahead and do this, so I figured I'd just go on Caffeinehead and bitch about me and the things that I want.

The first problem I can see with this intelligent torrent is that it would have to access Pandora.com and figure out what songs I have previously liked. I don't think that this will be too difficult, depending on what language you use.

The second problem I can see is more difficult: The .torrent has to access a computer that has the songs I'm looking for. I think a solution would be to use a program similar to the one for Pandora, only this time it would have to access a .torrent host site like The Pirate Bay or IsoHunt, and download a .torrent file that corresponds to the file I want.

All of this would have to be automatically updating on something like an hourly or minute-by-minute basis. I realize a gaming site isn't exactly the place to go for this, but still, I don't have any other place the I can think of... Anyway, if someone wanted to do this or if they knew someone who would, that'd be cool. Just know that I'm not too keen on paying for this program, since it's a luxury, and all of the other programs in question are all free as well... I'm just not paying for free stuff, that's all.

So, yeah...

Back to top Go down

So I've been using Mutorrent for a while... Empty Re: So I've been using Mutorrent for a while...

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:58 pm

[Hmmm. There may be a few users here that could assist you. I however, am not really one of them]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

So I've been using Mutorrent for a while... Empty Re: So I've been using Mutorrent for a while...

Post by Moses Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:27 pm

Whats a torrent?
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:31 pm

[O_O]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum