VideoGame Community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[This shit is not working Saibot!]

40 Belief-Shaking Remarks From a Ruthless Nonconformist

4 posters

Go down

40 Belief-Shaking Remarks From a Ruthless Nonconformist Empty 40 Belief-Shaking Remarks From a Ruthless Nonconformist

Post by Captain Black Beard Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:45 am

http://www.raptitude.com/2010/03/40-belief-shaking-remarks-from-a-ruthless-nonconformist/

It's probably easier to visit the link, but the same shit is below. Discuss!
Spoiler:
Captain Black Beard
Captain Black Beard
[Admin of the seas]
[Admin of the seas]

Back to top Go down

40 Belief-Shaking Remarks From a Ruthless Nonconformist Empty Re: 40 Belief-Shaking Remarks From a Ruthless Nonconformist

Post by Moses Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:42 am

There are no facts, only interpretations.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

40 Belief-Shaking Remarks From a Ruthless Nonconformist Empty Re: 40 Belief-Shaking Remarks From a Ruthless Nonconformist

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:14 am

[Good stuff. Grandfather used to quote some of these]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:31 am

There are no facts, only interpretations. - I'm kind of split on this one. One part of me agrees, the other one says it's wrong. But I guess that proves his point?

Morality is but the herd-instinct in the individual. - This one just caught my eye. It just feels correct, and I can't explain why.

Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself. - I totally agree with this one. Most people that talk alot about themselves often do it to hide their true self.

God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight. - I agree with this one as well.

When a hundred men stand together, each of them loses his mind and gets another one. - I find this one to be correct as well.

All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. - This is yet another one I agree with.

Fear is the mother of morality. - Most definetely.

The Kingdom of Heaven is a condition of the heart — not something that comes upon the earth or after death. - I totally agree with this. There is no meaning to strive to be a good person solely for the sake of going to heaven after you die. be a person that you wish to be, and find your own harmony. If you succeed, you've reached your own heaven, which is enough for me.

What is the mark of liberation? No longer being ashamed in front of oneself. - Even more wise words!

These are the ones that really caught my eye, and that I can say for sure that I agree with. His words are indeed wise. I don't know what else to say really.

A politician divides mankind into two classes: tools and enemies. - Isn't this one just... obvious?
Angel
Angel
Button Masher!
Button Masher!

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum