VideoGame Community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[This shit is not working Saibot!]

Eden Eternal: New MMO

Go down

Eden Eternal: New MMO Empty Eden Eternal: New MMO

Post by LeLyon Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:01 am

So i got an e-mail for the "closed" beta (i put in quotation marks because anyone can get in if theyll signed up with Aeria Games) of Eden Eternal and decided to check it out. The Beta was put up i wanna say June 2nd, so everything i talk about is gonna be what i learn that day and i may get some information wrong. Please excuse these errors or you can suck my ballsack, your choice. This review is gonna come in several parts with updates over the next few days as i experience more of the game. Anyways Enjoy

8===================================================================D

Initial Impressions:

First thing i notice is that graphical layout is very similar to World of Warcraft. it's a open cartoon-y 3D world, you have your hotkey bar on the bottom which correspond to your number row, map in the upper right, battles are real time, etc. but whatever its a proven layout that works, can't knock them for it. The next thing that came to mind is the INSANE slow down. you can click and not get an action until a good 2 seconds, and thats if you're lucky. The button/click detection is really off so sometimes it just wont do shit. But it's still in beta, i'm sure they'll fix it before it goes public

8===================================================================D

Gameplay:

The game shamelessly has the exact same quest set-up as WOW. the text boxes are even set-up the same way. Right click the person with a symbol above his head, click the only line option available, get quest to kill some shit, go kill some shit, come back and get your reward. Nothing special here.

In about 15 fights with the first monsters i found i gained 5 character levels, and 3 class levels (yes they're seperate, more on that probably tomorrow when i have more time to look into it all). This is when the game actually has something interesting to present, as you unlock your first extra class, Cleric. This sounds normal until you realize all classes you unlock are switchable at anytime (other then mid-battle). Only time will tell if this is a game breaker or innovative. I'm curious to see what this does for PVP.

This is where i got too before the slowdown and bad button detection made me ragequit. so until tomorrow... I don't know go play with yourselves or something. Latez.
LeLyon
LeLyon
New Dood
New Dood

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum