VideoGame Community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[This shit is not working Saibot!]

[The Path of A Gamer]

Go down

[The Path of A Gamer] Empty [The Path of A Gamer]

[It is strange, looking back a few years and comparing that time to now. In 99, I was oogling over N64 graphics. Heh, ten years is not very long, yet look how far we've come. But that isn't what I'm reflecting on right now. Back then, I wasn't a gamer. In fact, In 2005, I wasn't really one either. However, that is the year I began to become addicted to RPGs. This is now, and I am an RPG gamer more than anything, but I am indeed a gamer. I have found that I have replaced novels and the like with RPGs. RPGs are a visual representation of a story. It gives us audio, facial expressions, and many other things we cannot get from a book. At the same time, it gives us control, interaction and multiple options of what do do when, why, and how, something a movie cannot do. Games are popular in my belief, because they are the best of both worlds. The depth and detail in the storyline that a book would have, with the visual impact that a movie has, all tied together with lace, twine and interaction of the world. In a game, we can truely dive into the world more than we ever can with books or movies. I have always been more of a book person, which is why I think I ended up as an RPG fan]

[RPGs offer the most story most of the time, and give us the length and plot twists I crave. Wargames give us the explosions, shouting and edge-of-your-seat excitement that movies usually offer. Your game preference can usually give way to what type of entertainment you like outside of the gaming realm. But yes, back to now. I am surprised at the rapid speed in which my RPG appetite is seeming to increase. It's alarming, really. Yes, I am content with the blessings I have, the things I can pass time with, but like any true reader of novels, I am always looking forward to the next kickass story. The next big wow, the next game that blows my mind. This is why I think I am very suited for the job title of an RPG scenario writer. I have had a few different game themes and storylines in my head, floating around like dustbunnies coughed out of a sickened vacuum cleaner. It would be a wetdream if such a wish of mine were to come to fruition]

[Either way, I have realized recently that not only am I an RPG gamer, but a very heavy one. Yes, I have always said I am huge on RPGs, but sometimes I didn't really comprehend how much. I have come to realize that I hope to one day have played all turn based RPGs for the PS2, PS3, 360, Gamecube, Nintendo, Super Nintendo and PlayStation consoles. There are a lot of action based ones I would like to play someday as well. This is something that will take me years. But I've also noticed I can't sit down and play an RPG for twenty hours, sleep, get up and do it again without a partner. Someone to keep my psyched up. Nowadays, It takes me about three to four times longer to beat an RPG without teaming up on the game with someone. I wonder sometimes if anyone else ever experiences these things with other types of games]

[What is our reason for gaming? What is our way to keep playing? How many of us can just completely immerse ourselves in them? The path of a gamer is long and lonely, but it offers many rewards. I hope to one day make games for the world to enjoy, and I promise that if this ever happens, you'll be the first to know] -[AT9]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit