VideoGame Community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[This shit is not working Saibot!]

Since I am not allowed to post in the place this topic is I shale post it here.

3 posters

Go down

Since I am not allowed to post in the place this topic is I shale post it here. Empty Since I am not allowed to post in the place this topic is I shale post it here.

Post by Moses Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:51 am

https://caffeinehead.forumotion.com/new-and-updates-f12/bioware-on-my-shitlist-t221.htm

This post is in resposne to this.

First lets start with the biggest one. Bioware as a company opened in 1995. So in Feb of 2010 that will be 15 years....which is a good run for a Canadian game company. Second bioware doesn't make non-liner games anymore. They all start with you doing a story mission or 2, something happens and now your given 4 places to go and when you get those done then you beat the last mission or 2. But thats not the issue that hand. Nor is the option that all the games feel the same (lolwut?) or that they feel like MMOs....(I can't even think of a comment on this one....its that confusing).

The issue at hand is to say, without stepping on people toes. JRPGs over the last 10 years are becoming stale and lacking innovation. Now liner story lines are what they are, if they don't wanna add side quests thats ok, FPS dont. BUT we can get on JRPGs for the same story over again....all the time. And I will not just "attack" JRPGs here, I am going after all RPGs.

How many 17 year olds need to save the world? How many people can lose there memory? How many kingdoms will be ravaged by a dark evil long forgotten? How many boys will fall in love with the stereotypical chick of there dreams but be too shy or lacking of confidence to say anything? How many bad VA will we have to sit through? How long can JRPG (sorry but they are the worse with this) can have the same 7 VA in EVERY GAME?

I like RPGs, alot. But in the last couple of years the ammount of good and "epic" ones is greatly decreasing for the ok and "epic sounding" ones. We rarely see a good battle system anymore. And first lets hit on Live-action. Atleast wester rpg makes will call them what they are Hack-n-slash/RPG hybrids. But the japs still wanna call these game RPGs.

But as I said new systems....why can't we have a semi normal turn based anymore? How come with JRPGs (yet again them specifically) innovation means more complicated and annoying?
What happened to being able to pick up a RPG and play it, know how it plays and how to beat it? Now they all must start blending systems that are not well thoughtout in the first place.

I can understand fully where bioware is coming from. I also have no doubt that even if we haven't heard about it, somewhere so Japan JRPG developer has cursed western RPGs for the same things. If not worse. The only thing bioware is really saying is what most people have been saying about most JRPG, and RPGs in general is that if they wanna advace they need to find a way to innovate a simple idea. Not complicate a stale one.

But hey thats my opioion, your free to your own, but I would like to say news like this is a community descousion topic. Not something to be in a locked area.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Since I am not allowed to post in the place this topic is I shale post it here. Empty Re: Since I am not allowed to post in the place this topic is I shale post it here.

Post by Saibot01 Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:14 pm

Good points, well presented. +1

I also think that it is important to add one little thing: It is not really all to sensible to judge Bioware as a whole for the statement a single member of the company made. He spoke his personal opinion, not company ideology (or that of their publisher Electronic Arts). Not really a reason to damn the whole company because of the opinion of one of them, let us not forget that.
Saibot01
Saibot01
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Character sheet
Test Game:

http://randomsquad.com

Back to top Go down

Since I am not allowed to post in the place this topic is I shale post it here. Empty Re: Since I am not allowed to post in the place this topic is I shale post it here.

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:14 pm

[I was not aware people could not post in that forum. This frustrates me, since I have been making sure people could, yet noticed people never did. After you see this post, try again, I'll remove all protections on it]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:25 pm

[To speak on MOsEs' points, there have been titles with MULTIPLE endings, genre breaking storylines, and games with sixteen characters to choose from. Typically, JRPG fans DO NOT like this, so they have been avoided often. That is the reason some prefer Bioware games; JRPG fans typically dislike multiple endings and more than eight characters to play as. Yes, storylines have been sorta the same 'four underdogs save the world from ultimate destruction' but that too, is changing these days. Resonance of Fate and FF13 both show promise in great new stories, and RoF has a revolutionary turn based system that's awe inspiring. 17 year old main characters DO bother me...a lot actually. FF12 was a perfect example of what not to do with an RPG in my opinion lol]

[To put it shortly, I am not against Bioware because a man helping run it can have the ego to say his games are the best, and discredit every other RPG company across the globe. I don't buy their games because I've never enjoyed one. I did try out Dragon Origins, only to very quickly realize its' not my type of RPG at all. Well, that's my piece on this]

Clout to MOsEs for typing such a long, thought out post. I like it when people challenge the idea of a game or game related issue.

JRPG that had more than 12 characters----Infinite Undiscovery, 360 game
JRPG series that has genre breaking stories---Star Ocean Series
JRPG that has over sixty possible endings----Star Ocean 2, PSone game
A random RPG that has NO magic use---Infinite Undiscovery

JRPG that has VERY UNIQUE stories---Persona series [though you're still being a hero in the story, its' quite a dramatic difference]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Saibot01 Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:12 am

They seem me trolling (and thread necromancing, bad Mod, bad Mod!)

Since I am not allowed to post in the place this topic is I shale post it here. 370805-9C55MBL
Saibot01
Saibot01
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Character sheet
Test Game:

http://randomsquad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:27 pm

[]saves chart[]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down