VideoGame Community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[This shit is not working Saibot!]

The Gamecube

+6
NPCKIller
TheDarkStarAlchemist
Moses
togawa
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
Captain Black Beard
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Gamecube - Page 2 Empty Re: The Gamecube

Post by TheDarkStarAlchemist Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:32 pm

The Gamecube - Page 2 Icon_eek
IMMA RAGE

GC is a great console! Saved me from boredom so many times!
TheDarkStarAlchemist
TheDarkStarAlchemist
GAMER!
GAMER!

Back to top Go down

Post by togawa Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:27 am

NPCKIller wrote:Poor console should of just put it out of its misery and shot it with a 12 Gage or better a deagle lol

Very Happy
togawa
togawa
GAMER!
GAMER!

Character sheet
Test Game:

http://www.jellotime.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Black Beard Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:42 pm

NPCKIller wrote:Poor console should of just put it out of its misery and shot it with a 12 Gage or better a deagle lol
Player Hater
Captain Black Beard
Captain Black Beard
[Admin of the seas]
[Admin of the seas]

Back to top Go down

Post by NPCKIller Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:23 pm

Should of used a Sledge hammer
NPCKIller
NPCKIller
Light Player
Light Player

http://childrenofthedarkblood.webs.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkStarAlchemist Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:26 pm

NPCKIller wrote:Should of used a Sledge hammer

On your FACE.
TheDarkStarAlchemist
TheDarkStarAlchemist
GAMER!
GAMER!

Back to top Go down

Post by togawa Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:30 am

Trust me. I know what I’m doing.
togawa
togawa
GAMER!
GAMER!

Character sheet
Test Game:

http://www.jellotime.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkStarAlchemist Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:53 am

Oh do you?
TheDarkStarAlchemist
TheDarkStarAlchemist
GAMER!
GAMER!

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:40 pm

[I think that, in this day and age, it is popular to not like the Gamecube. Therefore, I take negative opinions of the Gamecube with a grain of salt, because half the people that complain about the console have barely ever played it, if at all. I remember a kid on my bus that was playing his Gameboy Advance, and had the balls to say this in front of me "I was thinking about getting the Gamecube, but I got this instead; same graphics" he said with a shrug. Same graphics! People, your opinions are yours and yours alone, but I cannot stand opinions that aren't backed by any proof, such as that boys' statement. And let's not get into how many people decided the Gamecube games were small and had no graphics because they saw the disc size. A majority of people that dislike the Gamecube believe its' games are short just because the discs are small]

[Judging a game by the size of the optical media its' on pisses me off. The Gamecube disc had two drawbacks; scratches could take it out easier, and the capacity wasn't quite as much as a DVD, though it was substantial enough. Yes, it didn't hold quite as much as the other consoles, but it is completely ignorant to attempt to say that its' games were short. Most of its' games were quite substantial in size, and were graphically beautiful. However, for the two minor drawbacks it possessed, it also boasted an impressive amount of positives. One of the biggest, which Gamecube haters will either not admit, or simply don't know out of their ignorance, is that Gamecube games have incredible loading speeds. Certain games might not be as good, due to the game developers themselves, but around 90 percent of Gamecube games are MUCH faster at loading than the PS2 and Xbox. The reason? The disc is 8 cm, but has MANY layers. Because of the multiple layers, lower disc density per-layer and the fashion in which the data is written, the optical laser for the console can bring up data much faster, stabbing through multiple layers and bringing up lots of data]

[Now, onto other strengths the Gamecube had. It was the FIRST console to EVER have wireless controllers; it was the pioneer of the technology. Of course, you do anything this awesome, its' bound to be copied. The Wavebirds did NOT support the rumble feature, but this, in turn, saved LOTS of battery life. People may have been pissed at first, but were much happier when their friends changed the batteries for their wireless PS2 controllers four or five times before the Wavebird user needed to change their batteries. Sure, you can disable the rumble feature via most games, but not all. In fact, I'd say about 60-70 percent of games allow you to disable rumble features. Now, it is true that the Gamecube could not match the PS2 or Xbox in graphics, but the graphics of the Gamecube were still very high. The Bitrate of the video output is well over 200, just like the PS2 and Xbox. The true reason the graphics often felt different was because, while possible, the Gamecube rarely implemented high graphic cutscenes, because the discs would have been eaten up if such a thing was implemented. PS2 and Xbox games used DVD media, enabling them to use cutscenes without loosing too much discspace too fast. Yet for the small handful of negatives, the positives are good. I am a fan of both the PS2 and Gamecube, so haters, don't accuse me of being a 'fanboy.' I just find it interesting when people throw poo at something that they might not know anything about]

[The Gamecube draws in less power than the PS2, and CERTAINLY less power than the bloody Xbox. Whenever you need less power, you create less heat. The Gamecube is the most stable and durable of the three consoles, no matter how badly you try to argue the fact. Sure, Gamecubes die just like Xboxes and PS2 consoles, but not as often. I think that the small PS2's are very close in durability, to be fair. The primary reason that the slim PS2 and Gamecube fair so well in durablility and longevity is due to the fact that both consoles create less heat. Heat is something that affects any piece of computerized equipment overtime, especially if the heat isn't completely cooled as efficiently as it should. Yes, the PS2 has no fans, but it also creates less initial heat, therefore not needing an external fan]

[Now, for game selection. The Gamecube had quite a few of its' own exclusive titles, and I'd say the PS2 and Gamecube are somewhat tied in that area. The outcast is, of course, the Xbox, which around 80 percent of its' games were already on the Cube/PS2. Some titles that WERE exclusive for the Cube did pass onto the PS2 eventually, but let us not forget that some of those pass-ons took a long time. Case in point; Resident Evil 4. If you think that hit the PS2 game console within a year of the game's launch, you are horribly mistaken. In fact, I think RE4 was somewhere around two years old when it was ported to the PS2. It was long enough for me to be shocked when it happened, having moved on from RE4 ages ago. Of course, its' always mentioned that the Cube has less Mature rated titles, but that is something that Nintendo has been guilty of for a long time. Is this not about the console itself not being good?]

[Well, that's all I have to say about the Gamecube. I know that nobody necessarily said any of the things I talked about, but I figured I'd get it out of the way for people that come in later on and try to spit on the name of the console. Also, for the future, if your opinion is a negative one for a console or game, offer more in your post other than 'that game/console sucks.' After all, stating something sucks without providing a reason that you have such an opinion only makes you look ignorant]

[As a final note, High five to Darkstar for being part of the Cube Club! ^_^] -[AT9]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkStarAlchemist Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:50 pm

Alex, That brought tears to my eyes, Literally.
It was beautiful. =clout forever!
TheDarkStarAlchemist
TheDarkStarAlchemist
GAMER!
GAMER!

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:48 am

[I aim to please]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkStarAlchemist Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:22 am

[still crying]
T__T
TheDarkStarAlchemist
TheDarkStarAlchemist
GAMER!
GAMER!

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Black Beard Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:18 am

AT9...Thank you!
Captain Black Beard
Captain Black Beard
[Admin of the seas]
[Admin of the seas]

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:10 pm

[I aim to please]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:11 pm

TheDarkStarAlchemist wrote:[still crying]
T__T
{Laughs}
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkStarAlchemist Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:19 pm

Don't laugh D:
TheDarkStarAlchemist
TheDarkStarAlchemist
GAMER!
GAMER!

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:45 pm

{Doesn't laugh}
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDarkStarAlchemist Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:05 pm

Awwwww that's no fun. Laughter is the best medicine.
TheDarkStarAlchemist
TheDarkStarAlchemist
GAMER!
GAMER!

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Black Beard Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:03 am

{Laughing my ass off} The Gamecube - Page 2 Icon_pirat
Captain Black Beard
Captain Black Beard
[Admin of the seas]
[Admin of the seas]

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:41 am

The Gamecube - Page 2 692258
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by DeathThEK1d42 Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:46 am

AT9 that was one of the best responses to ignorant opinions i have ever heard. like TDSA said it was beautiful. lol. HATERS BEWARE AT9 IS HERE!!! lol
DeathThEK1d42
DeathThEK1d42
Light Player
Light Player

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:47 am

{bows}
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:48 am

DeathThEK1d42 wrote:AT9 that was one of the best responses to ignorant opinions i have ever heard. like TDSA said it was beautiful. lol. HATERS BEWARE AT9 IS HERE!!! lol

{Bows}
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:23 am

Wow, the cube is the only system that simply burned out for me, too... Curiously enough, it was also a disc read error. Every time. I guess I just got too much time on it, but every hour was completely absorbed. It was great, and that'd be why I got it replaced.

I feel like the GC didn't improve on graphics much from even the N64, which was a big downer for me. The main selling point was the exclusivity of Shigeru Miyamoto's Mario and LoZ. The smaller disc size all but eliminated hacking the disc drive and burning copies, and lowered the energy needed to accelerate the disc. Not a bad play on nintendo's part, look how bad they messed up with the Wii: anyone can hack that shit.

The one thing that bothered me was the fact that it was not a cube. I don't mean the handle, I mean that it's 6X6X5. Of course, I fixed that with the GBA player attachment, and that let me simplify my collection of gameboys, except for Kirby's Tilt 'n' tumble, which I did on the cube anyway.

Love the GC, but it falls in the shadow of the PS2. Literally, they're set up so that it literally lives in the shadow of my PS2.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:52 am

My only real problem with the Gamecube (I own one) is that the games that mostly came out on it either didn't catch my intrest or mainly wheren't my types of games. I am not talking about the ratings just the content. I normally bought all my muilty platform games on the PS2 (vs the xbox or gamecube). Leaving the other 2 systems of the time to try to sell me on their exculsives....and sadly IMO the gamecube rarly ever got a purchuse. I own about 7 games for it, I have only ever owned 10 in all.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:27 pm

ShamelessCrimes wrote:

I feel like the GC didn't improve on graphics much from even the N64, which was a big downer for me. The smaller disc size all but eliminated hacking the disc drive and burning copies.

[First of all, anything can be copied, I never meant to make it seem as if copying them are bullet proof, but back when it was new it was very uncommon knowledge on how to do it, and it remains uncommon knowledge. Second....LOL! The cube didn't have much better graphics than the 64? heheh, do you know the specs? The bitrate is 64 for the N64, and for the cube? The cube and the rest of that generation of consoles were 128 bit. The Gamecube's IBM Gekko CPU clocked at 485Mhz. Its' GPU had 32 MB of its' own Memory. Instead of calling off more the cube's specs, and comparing them to the rest of its' generation, I'll just give you a link so you can read it yourself. You'll be surprised to note the Cube not only is on par with the PS2 in processing power and the like, but also that the Cube and the Xbox could produce lighting effects and textures that the PS2 could not. I don't mind if people hate the cube. I don't mind if people hate any system. But dont....do not....do not say the graphics are sub-par without providing statistics. I'm a tech; I'm all about statistics. Look up the abilities of the PSone, and the N64. I'm sure you'll find the statistics to be far under the cube. Thanks]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28sixth_generation%29
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next