VideoGame Community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[This shit is not working Saibot!]

[Being fair]

Go down

[Being fair] Empty [Being fair]

[I have a friend. We grew up with RPGs together. In short, we don't see eye to eye on anything anymore. Found a sweet new game you think he'd like? Just by talking about it with him, he will automatically discredit the game. He hates a game already, just because you mentioned it to him. It sounds like the most unreasonable thing imaginable, and it is, but that's how he is. He's gotta discover it. Furthermore, he's close minded. I don't talk to him about games anymore, or try not to. There's no point. He's not really an RPG gamer anymore. Without realizing it, he let the RPG lover in him die the day he decided he'd never try new RPGs unless they were turn based, and unless he found them on his own. I really wish even part of this was an exaggeration, but it is not. Now, let us break down what we as gamers or fans of a particular genre need to practice EVERY DAY to remain true to our games:

One, we must try new games, either in general or of the genre we most like. We MUST try these, and not play for five minutes, drop the controller and say 'it sucks.' Persona three does not let me directly control my characters. I am not a fan of this by any means, but I still tried the game, and I like it a lot. WTF kinda shit is going 'oh, so it doesn't let you control all four characters? Fuck that game.' That's like being STOKED about a first person shooter, then realizing there are no rocket launchers, and deciding not to play it because of that. If we are fans of a game series, or games, we try new ones. The SECOND and I mean the SECOND we stop giving new games a chance, we aren't gamers. Give up the name tag. You don't own it, nor deserve it. My words are harsh, but filled with truth.

Two, we must not pre judge games too much. There are certainly acceptable things to decide not to play a game over. I'm not really into certain genres, so its' gotta be real good for me to consider it. That's natural. But I am also a fan of the RPG genre, and this is where I practice my preaching. I can't automatically not play an RPG JUST BECAUSE its' action based. No. That's ridiculous. Yes, I like turn based more. More strategy and things of that nature. However, I am very capable of liking an action based title, it just means I won't like the battle system as much.

Rule three! We cannot find an awesome game, our favorite game of all time, and then suddenly give up on new games. I hear the following often "Nine, you're slipping. You haven't played FF9 in forever!" "Nine, why aren't you playing FF9" "Nine, I don't see Final Fantasy IX in your Playstation." You're right, you don't. It's not in there. Why? I can't simply stop playing new RPGs just because I fond one that I like the most. If I stopped trying new games, I'd be ceasing the very thing that led me to discover FF9 to begin with!!! There are new games out there, a whole sea of RPGs, and I'm not being true to myself if I don't try them. Who knows? There might be a game that beats FF9

And with that, those are the guidelines, which you can disregard or engrave in your gamers' heart. I however, will continue following them, so long as I am an RPG gamer. I mentioned there might be a game better than FF9, I've come terribly close recently I've realized. What's more, the game is none other than an action based RPG! What happened? Why is the new Star Ocean, an action based RPG by Tri Ace, my second favorite RPG of all time now? I'll tell you why; its' because Tri Ace improved upon the Action base system. I am blown away that an action based RPG can be so much fun when it comes to the battle system! THIS IS WHY I KEEP PLAYING GAMES! THIS IS WHY I DON'T PRE JUDGE! Look what happened, I found an extremely great title from the last place I'd expect it; the Action base zone]

[Will this game outdo Final Fantasy 9? Will a game finally take the title from 9, the title of 'Nine's favorite RPG?' Time will tell, but I will say without hesitation that Star Ocean may do so. The first time an action based title actually makes my top five, and it's already done a fuckton of damage. It's number two now, and its' in a death match with the world of Zidanne, Garnet, Telnet and Steiner. How incredible. Really. Perhaps, if things continue this way, and SO TLH claims the title, perhaps a screename change will be in order. Perhaps The Nine will finally be able to rest in peace] -[AT9]

Last edited by [Alexander_The_Nine] on Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

[Being fair] :: Comments

Saibot01

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:56 pm by Saibot01

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Moses

Post Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:39 pm by Moses

This topic doesn't have multiplayer. Fuck this topic.

Back to top Go down

[Mr_Self_Destruct]

Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:48 am by [Mr_Self_Destruct]

[lol]

Back to top Go down

Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:48 am by K1llerL0mbaX

I feel the same AT9 but apparently not as strongly as you do! I will still be a critic to games that haven't even been released yet, judging them solely on presentation and perceived game play. But i will say this! simply because i see a game that doesn't look appealing to me does not mean that i think it is a bad game! I have a small budget as it is and spending $60 every time i see a decent game out there i would be broke even more then i am now! But if i haven't played it and other people have and say its amazing Ill give it a try, or I just won't knock it.

Was that just incoherent babbling or was that slightly relevant cause i feel like i started to ramble at the end....

Back to top Go down

[Mr_Self_Destruct]

Post Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:03 pm by [Mr_Self_Destruct]

[Not at all Lombax, it was a great post. Yes, sometimes it is quite a lot to drop sixty dollars on a game we aren't sure if we're going to like. I completely understand this. As I said in my post, it is understandable to judge a game, but only with so much. If we pride ourselves as gamers, one little thing shouldn't deter us. Now, if there's nothing that sounds good, and nothing catches our interest, perhaps we can borrow the title from someone else, as dropping money on it is a big deal. For me, I'm an RPG gamer. This means a game isn't really going to appeal to me unless its' an RPG, for the most part. When it is an RPG, it has to really look bad for me to be deterred from playing it. I'm all about the experience of a new title as an RPG gamer, and I think that is what I was most trying to convey; experience. You gotta get out there and try new stuff sometimes, or you lose what it is to be a gamer]

Back to top Go down

TheDarkStarAlchemist

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:44 am by TheDarkStarAlchemist

Moses wrote:This topic doesn't have multiplayer. Fuck this topic.

Troll

Back to top Go down

Magicalgnome

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:34 am by Magicalgnome

TheDarkStarAlchemist wrote:
Moses wrote:This topic doesn't have multiplayer. Fuck this topic.

Troll

You saying that just means that she was successful, hence she wins. You just made a troll win. How do you feel?

Back to top Go down

Moses

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:43 am by Moses

I feel dandy.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:44 am by K1llerL0mbaX

TDSA NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Never admit that a troll is trollin cause then they win! (apparently) HOW COULD YOU!?!?!?!

Back to top Go down

TheDarkStarAlchemist

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:17 pm by TheDarkStarAlchemist

Well I'm english and irish, so I troll myself, therefore I am a self sustaining troll, therefore I always win. So I feel the same as I always do: epic and awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:53 pm by K1llerL0mbaX

except not......

Back to top Go down

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:34 pm by Guest

TheDarkStarAlchemist wrote:Well I'm english and irish, so I
troll myself, therefore I am a self sustaining troll, therefore I
always win. So I feel the same as I always do: epic and awesome.

We are birds of a feaher. (Scottish-Irish, also a self troller) Sometimes I lol at myself even if I'm in a bad spot. Actually, whenever I'm in an unfavorable situation, I manage to troll me. Example: TDSA is driving with his knees, we're going sideways and we're going to die in a very swift fashion. But I'm laughing.

AT9 has a good point, I've recently tried more different games from different genres, and I have to say I'm loving it, although as K1LO said, my wallet does not (still accepting selfless donations).

Back to top Go down

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:05 am by K1llerL0mbaX

I would troll, except for the fact that i HATE IT!!

Back to top Go down

Moses

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:31 am by Moses

pffttt.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:37 pm by K1llerL0mbaX

MOSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:51 pm by Guest

Hi, I'm the representative substitute troll! The troll you're trying to reach is trollin right now and cannot be bothered to respond to your insignificant post. However, I will be more than glad to lol at your misery, if you'll be so unwise. Questions?
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Pika

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:40 pm by Pika

Ooo! Ooo! I have a question!!!

Back to top Go down

[Mr_Self_Destruct]

Post Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:46 pm by [Mr_Self_Destruct]

[>_> This thread was not intended for such things]

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:19 am by Guest

That's correct. This should be about giving producers a fair chance at getting us hooked on a game we would never have looked at twice if we were left to our own devices. Which kinda inspires me to go buy Trauma Center, which has only managed to remind me of Demetri Martin so far (Super busy hospital 2).

Back to top Go down

Post Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:20 am by K1llerL0mbaX

YEA DEMETRI MARTIN!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum