VideoGame Community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[This shit is not working Saibot!]

[DBZ Movies and why they were better]

Go down

[DBZ Movies and why they were better] Empty [DBZ Movies and why they were better]

[A lot of us know DBZ too well. A tough enemy shows up, and someone eventually gets stronger in order to eclipse the enemy's strength and win the fight. Same old same old. Not that it isn't charming. I love DBZ. But I thought I'd show several examples of how the DBZ movies are different, and how the characters overcome the odds without training. Spoiler alert!!! Do not read this shit if you do not want to have the endings of SEVERAL DBZ Movies spoiled. You have been warned!]

Movie 1, The Dead Zone

This movie starts with an enemy that simply nobody can really touch. A lot of good-guy beatings here. In the end, however, they surpass the odds by managing to seal their enemy, Garlic Jr, in a void called The Dead Zone. That's the end of him....sorta

Movie 5, Cooler's Revenge

A lot of powering up in this movie. Cooler is stronger, then Goku is, back and forth, until Goku transforms into Super Saiyan. Cooler, realizing he does not stand a chance, fires an enormous ball of energy at Goku, with the intent to blow the planet up with it. Goku can barely fight against the ball, and improvises. He uses a Kamehame-ha and launches the ball at Cooler, pushing him out of the Earth's atmosphere and taking Cooler [very against his will] into the Sun, destroying him.

Movie 6, Cooler's Return

Now things heat up. Cooler survived....barely. His mind is absorbed into a super computer, which can spawn infinite metal copies of him. A piece of the script, to show the hilarity. [Goku sees thousands of Meta Coolers on the horizon, looks to Vageta] "Well Vageta, it was nice knowing you" [transforms] Vageta - "Oh shut up" [transforms].

Long story short, they are eventually subdued and taken to the super computer, hooked up and then Cooler begins to drain their energy. The duo decide they'll feed him all the energy he wants - even if he doesn't want it. They surge the super computer with the surplus of their intense energy and blow him up. Way to go guys!

Movie 7 - Super Android 13

Very neat movie! More Androids have showed up, and Goku and friends must defeat them! After transforming into Super Saiyans, they defeat the weaker ones, and Goku makes his move on the leader - Android 13. But in a move that fucks everyone over, Android 13 absorbs the defeated Androids. Now Goku cannot scratch him, and is quickly subdued. There is no hope. Everyone is defeated. How is Goku going to win?

With an amazing tactic, he creates a very large Spirit Bomb. 13 laughs, thinking this is going to be just another textbook Goku move - guess again. Goku, in Super Saiyan form, puts himself in the middle of this Spirit Bomb and begins absorbing the entire thing into his body as extra energy. 13 chuckles at first, but quickly realizes this is not looking good for him, and tries to attack Goku. Meanwhile, Goku's body is bulking up to the point of destruction, and Goku has a murderous look on his face, drool leaking out of his bared fangs. Android 13 attempts to punch Goku, and his fists start to disintegrate upon contact. What power! After a few punches, 13 enters his 'oh fuck!' moment and then it is over as Goku pushes his fist through 13's body.

In the closing, everyone asks Goku how he knew his body could take the Spirit Bomb. "I didn't know" he said. "I didn't expect to live." That's our Goku!

Movie 8 - Broly, Legendary Super Saiyan

Once Broly starts to make a move, things never look good, and Vageta goes semi-catatonic, whining on his knees, repeating over and over "We're all doomed!" and refuses to fight for the bulk of the battle. This movie involves the entire cast of fighters getting absolutely stomped. Thrown around like rag dolls. Vageta steps in, gets stomped. Everyone is on the ground now except Goku [barely] and Broly. How could they win this time?

Goku convinces everyone to give him their energy. All that they can. They do [Vageta bitching the whole time] and Goku uses all the energy in his body [including what he's been givin] and pushes ALL of it to his fist, and then puts it through Broly's abdomen. There's just too much energy concentrated in one area for Broly's body to defend against it, and Broly is defeated.

Well, I hope you liked my article! I'm a DBZ fan, for sure, so expect some more DBZ related articles sometime in the future. Until then! -AT9-

Last edited by [AstroCreep] on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

[DBZ Movies and why they were better] :: Comments

Captain Black Beard

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:31 am by Captain Black Beard

Ah, yes. Sending enemies into the sun is good way to end their movies.

Back to top Go down

Moses

Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:38 am by Moses

Bio Broly.

Back to top Go down

[Mr_Self_Destruct]

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:13 am by [Mr_Self_Destruct]

[lol. Bio Broly was a travesty, not a movie!]

Back to top Go down

Captain Black Beard

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:43 am by Captain Black Beard

Yes, hence why it was not listed.

Back to top Go down

Angel

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:41 am by Angel

Once again... DBZ ddid the same thing as most never-ending anime/manga does nowadays; Super powah enemy beats the crap out of everybody, someone cries, another person thinks "Hey! I'm almost dead and that person is crying, I should become stronger in an instant without any training or other logic whatsoever!" and defeats the enemy, often barely surviving. I find it super gay, and I dislike it into oblivion.
Examples: Dragon Ball (Z), Naruto, Bleach, Shaman King and more.

We had a discussion about exactly this some week ago Alex, if you remember. I thought maybe that discussion made you do this article? ^^

Oh well, I kind of enjoyed some of the movies, but the fact that they are just all the same is really boring. Not to mention that hey are all VERY predictable, which makes them boring.

I also really dislike that movie when some random Saiyajin, who isn't supposed to be alive as all Saiyajins should be dead, comes to earth to plant a frickin' tree and eat its fruit. What I really don't like about it is the fact that that random Saiyajin looks EXACTLY like Goku's brother, whatever his name is.

Good read anyway! ^^

Back to top Go down

[Mr_Self_Destruct]

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:52 pm by [Mr_Self_Destruct]

[I loved DBZ. I find it absolutely awesome, but that's because I'm an old school Anime fan. And for the record, yes it might be an old formula, but it's a formula Dragonball pioneered. There weren't a lot, if any, Anime's before Dragonball that used such a formula]

Back to top Go down

Moses

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:55 pm by Moses

Fist of the North Star >_>

Back to top Go down

[Mr_Self_Destruct]

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:01 pm by [Mr_Self_Destruct]

[lol]

Back to top Go down

Angel

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:35 am by Angel

She is correct.

Oh, and I never said DB weren't first. I just said I don't like it :3

Back to top Go down

[Mr_Self_Destruct]

Post Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:42 pm by [Mr_Self_Destruct]

[I would like to remind everyone, upon reading some of these comments, that the whole 'I just get stronger than you to win' thing is why I made this article anyway. It shows how some of the DBZ stuff had unique solutions to seemingly undefeatable enemies, instead of the same old 'get stronger' technique]

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down