VideoGame Community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[This shit is not working Saibot!]

[Persona 4 chats!]

+2
Captain Black Beard
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
6 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

[Persona 4 chats!] - Page 4 Empty Re: [Persona 4 chats!]

Post by Saibot01 Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:38 pm

*nods in agreement*
Saibot01
Saibot01
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Character sheet
Test Game:

http://randomsquad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:08 pm

[Well, to argue MosEs' and Saibot's point, you may have increased strategy for one person, but its' not more than the patchwork strategy of four characters with a grand master plan. I can do MUCH MORE COMPLEX strategies with multiple characters. Also, strategy aside, relying on AI means more luck is introduced into the equation...a LOT of luck. Yes, you can certainly strategise and try to avoid your AI characters fucking you over, but it still comes down to luck. Are you lucky enough to PREDICT what they are going to do? Are you lucky if they cast a heal spell on you? How about this...would you be lucky if you controlled them, and ordered that the spell be used? No. If you TELL a character to do something, that is a decision, if you DONT tell them to do it and they do it or dont do it, its' LUCK]

[I understand that some prefer it this way, my complaint is not that some prefer it, but that the players that DONT prefer it AREN'T given a choice. Some are fine with rolling the dice with their battles, I am not, but I have no choice. At least on Persona 4, I can say at the end of each fight that it was my decisions that led to the victory, and the same goes for my defeats. Knowing that my decisions led to my defeat teaches me to be a better RPG player]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:44 pm

....luck factors into if you are even gonna hit the enemy....its a natural part of the game. Weither you control all or one.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rock Lied Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:57 pm

a few persona updates

persona 1 is being released for the PSP
click this link for more info

i have not played it for a week because it sends me to sleep does anyone else get this???

annd i still haven't tracked down a copy of P3 and P3 fes
Black Rock Lied
Black Rock Lied
Occasional Player
Occasional Player

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:06 pm

....Persona 1 is out on the PSP already. And P3 is coming to PSP (out in Japan) called P3P (Persona 3 Portable).

And I guess there is no reason arguing the system. In P3 you are not and not meant to be a omnipresent all controlling entity. You are meant to be you, and they are meant to them you can lead, but they are their own people. The system its self helps tell the idea and "moral" of the story. But cause it seems most people HAVE to control it all (-_-) they added the full party control into 4 to appease them. 4 is still set and meant to fell this same lack of full control and leaving life to the wheel of fate that 3 makes you feel. But using full party control makes this feeling go away.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by Saibot01 Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:49 am

WTF, the forum ate my post... odd...
Alright, one more time:

Furthermore, the luck factor is actually greatly reduced once you get the advanced orders in P3. The AI is fulfilling your orders pretty faithfully in P3.

Apparently ATLUS used the Direct Control feature as an excuse to drop advanced strategies, what fucked over P3 veterans.

And the AI is worse in P4 to boot.
Saibot01
Saibot01
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Character sheet
Test Game:

http://randomsquad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:39 pm

[The AI being worse in P4 is Atlus's fault indeed, but I don't see how you can say the OPTION to chose direct control fucked over P3 veterans. Its' the lack of not programming advanced strategies that fucked over P3 veterans, not the option of direct control itself, because it is not difficult to implement direct control; Atlus just got lazy, so they are the reason. Please blame their laziness, and not the direct control option.]

[Anyway, my final statement on this argument is simply If you dont' like direct control, dont use it. If you do prefer it, then use it. Then everyone is happy. I wish P3 had the option to use DC. I have respect for those that don't use the direct command option, and I also believe they should always have the choice to not use direct commands as much as others should have the choice to use direct commands]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4