VideoGame Community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[This shit is not working Saibot!]

[New games and Upcoming releases]

Go down

[New games and Upcoming releases] Empty [New games and Upcoming releases]

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:14 am

[I've been having myself a year. I've had the blessing and opportunity to be introduced to some really great RPGs, both old and relatively new. The first half of 2009 was filled with new RPGs that I had wanted to play and finish for a long time. Lost Odysee, Eternal Sonata, Star Ocean TLH, Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia, these were all games that I bought. After a bit, the RPG wagon sadly came to a halt once again, and it remained there for a while]

[Things started to look promising after a while. Resonance of Fate and FFXIII were starting to look very amazing, though I had had reserves about the latter, it was now getting me excited. Then...I learned that it wouldn't be hitting until the second quarter of 2010. With still more than a quarter of 2009 left to go, this was devestating news, and the fact that Japan was getting them in December due to a lazy translation team, it only served to twist the dagger. I wanted the RPG train to start rolling again. Tales of Graces was announced long enough to get me excited, then disappointed as it would also be december for Japan, and Q2 2010 for America. I wanted some RPGs, some old ones that I could enjoy until then]

[I have some great friends from my days as a Moderator at RS, some of them just as passionate about games as myself. After talking to them a while, towards the end of 2009, I was turned onto some amazing titles. Okage: Shadow king, Disgaea and the SMT series were all titles I came to stumble on, with a lot of help from said friends. I must say, I have not beat Okage or Disgaea yet, because well, the SMT series has served as the definite masterpiece thus far. I can't stop playing Persona 4, which is part of the SMT series. I have plans, which may be immediate, to hunt down a copy of Persona 3, and plans to play a new file on P4 immediatly and without break once my current file is finished. Could the news get better? I didn't think so, but it certainly did]

[The news that got better; Final Fantasy XIII's release date. It has been bumped down to a Q1 release. While there's still definitely some waiting involved, this is still great news. This also makes me wonder if Resonance of Fate and Tales of Graces will follow suit, as both games are finished and ready for a December release in Japan. Will they hit in March, like FF13? I'm not sure yet, but I DO know that 2010 is shaping up to be a great year for new gen RPGs, and THIS year is a great year for me to be playing older RPGs, especially the SMT series. I really should start cracking on Okage and Disgaea again, but its' hard when I consider how much of a blast I'm having on Persona 4. Either way, I have them to play if I run out of SMT gas, and Star Ocean 2 is there to keep me company until the big three RPGs hit next year, not to mention the rest of my new gen RPG repitoire. Happy early Thanksgiving everyone, and don't forget to get your game on] -[AT9]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down