VideoGame Community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[This shit is not working Saibot!]

[AT9's Top 10 Albums of the decade(2000-2010)] []Final Version[]

4 posters

Go down

[AT9's Top 10 Albums of the decade(2000-2010)] []Final Version[] Empty [AT9's Top 10 Albums of the decade(2000-2010)] []Final Version[]

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:50 am

First of all, it's been a crazy ten years musically. Off and on. 2000 was a great year, and 2005 was great as well. From there, things were mostly disappointing for me until 2009, when things started cranking up the heat again, and 2010 brought the shit back into full swing. I've really enjoyed the last ten years of music. But alas! This decade is damn near over, so I thought I would start by declaring my favorite album of 2010, and then move onto the big show - my top ten albums of the decade!!! Ready?

THE BEST RECORD OF 2010.

This has been HARD. Some masterpieces came out this year. Last year was somewhat mild. This year, on the other hand, had some FANTASTIC albums. Pure masterpieces. Let's get to the nominies.

DEFTONES, DIAMOND EYES

...I cannot describe how great this album is. Furthermore, this album has a story behind it. One that would break most bands. In 2008, Deftones was working on their new album, titled Eros. On a fateful night on November 4th 2008, their bassist and best friend Chi accidentally drove his car over the side of a deserted road. He was in a coma shortly after, and is still in the coma today, more than 2 years later. Deftones members were crushed. They were a close band. They decided to not release Eros, as it was the last material Chi ever played on. Now, most bands would break up or not be able to push on after such a crushing blow. Deftones took six months off, taking care of things and deciding what they wanted to do. As fate would have it, they would decide to make an entirely new record from scratch, and that record is Diamond Eyes.

This is not just a Deftones record. Almost every fan eerily agrees; this is one of, if not their BEST album ever made. The album cover, the artwork, the notes, Chino's melodious vocals stretching over whailing and grinding guitars and frantic drums, this album is perfect from start to finish. PERFECT! It starts off on a very melancholy note. "To the edge! Till we all get off" Chino breathes, "I will take you away with me." The song goes on with this chilling tone, with such exerts as 'When the coffin shakes and the needle breaks" and is one of the deepest songs I've ever heard. It's hard to talk about this album in a few sentences, but I will break it off here. Onto the other candidates!

FINGER ELEVEN, LIFE TURNS ELECTRIC

2007 was not a good year for me musically, and Finger Eleven was part of the problem. 4 years after their 2003 effort, self titled, Finger Eleven was FINALLY back, but unfortuantely, it would end up being an experimental, highly pop-driven record that was a far cry from their Nu metal albums. I've been pouting ever since, until now. Finger Eleven's new album, Life Turns Electric, is a damn fine album, though admittedly short. it's a good return to the sound from their 2003 effort, and I recommend it to older FE fans that hated their last record, ThemVSYouVSMe

ROB ZOMBIE, HELLBILLY DELUXE 2

This album just fucking rocks. Every note. Dammit. 2010 has some bitching records, and this is one of them. I have spun this album over and over, and it just never seems to slow down on the awesomeness. Trying to be somewhat brief here, this record was great. It still is. Go Rob Zombie!!!

KORN, KORN III REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE

Okay, when this record first came out, i was not enthusiastic. KoRn has not only sold the fuck out and made two AWFUL albums over the last five years, but two very talented members that helped make their unique sound have left, one of which has not been replaced >_>. And once this album came out, I was still skeptical. Highly. But I finally got around to giving it a heavy, honest chance, spinning the album around 20 times. It's good. But it's bittersweet. There are a few weak tracks [mainly consisting of Jon Davis complaining that he's 'everybody's whore'] and thinking that this album returned to their root sound but is missing Head and David just twists the dagger. Still, it's a good album overall. I just have to...get over David and Head. They aren't coming back anytime soon. *sobs* Oh Silveria, you are without a doubt the most creative drummer in all of music.

--------------------------

so....my favorite record of 2010, AT9's vote for the Best Record of 2010 goes to....

DEFTONES, DIAMOND EYES.

[AT9's Top 10 Albums of the decade(2000-2010)] []Final Version[] 313852-8LMQ3PT

This really was hard for me. But Deftones' Diamond Eyes takes the trophy for being one of the most brilliant, masterful records I've ever heard in my entire life. And to think, this record was made during such a traumatic time for the band members! Hats off to you Deftones. Anyone that likes metal should listen to this record. The self titled first song, 'diamond eyes' is a great introduction to the album's sound and feel.

AND NOW! THE HARD ONE! THE FUCKING HOLYSHITTHISISHARD CHOICE!!!!

.....WHICH TEN CDS ARE THE BEST OF THE DECADE? WHICH WILL MAKE MY NUMBER ONE? STAY TUNED!!!

Last edited by [AstroCreep] on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

[AT9's Top 10 Albums of the decade(2000-2010)] []Final Version[] Empty Re: [AT9's Top 10 Albums of the decade(2000-2010)] []Final Version[]

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:09 am

[Okay. I damn near pulled all of my hair out doing this shit. I have come to the conclusion I cannot give you a top ten for the decade. Instead, I will give you a top 16. The reason? I couldn't remove anymore albums >_> I was too conflicted. So yeah. I will post them as they are decided]

Last edited by [AstroCreep] on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

[AT9's Top 10 Albums of the decade(2000-2010)] []Final Version[] Empty Re: [AT9's Top 10 Albums of the decade(2000-2010)] []Final Version[]

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:10 am

[Insanely difficult, but I have the final build for you! Don't worry, the number one album is the same Tongue]

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by [AstroCreep] on Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:38 am

And the number one is....

Spoiler:

There's a story to this album, the album that made me become infatuated with brackets. That's right! This album is the reason I use brackets! So if you're of mind to hear the story of why WT is such a great album for me, read on!

...It's hard to start. NIN hadn't made an album in six years. It was a long time. I was in tech school, and had almost given up on a new NIN album. I was doing well for myself, learning some neat stuff, and 2005 was dropping some sweet albums, and before I knew it, i was looking into news for a new NIN album. I was excited. As luck would have it, I didn't have to wait for the album to come out to listen to it. Trent Reznor decided to do something virtually unheard of and put the album up, in it's entirety, for listen via a website music player. I was in the middle of class, listening to the album intently. I had this amazing feeling as I looked at all the wires that surrounded me. It was as if the feed of the new NIN album was alive. Like it was breathing. Every drum was mezmerizing, every note pulsated through the many wires. I listened to it a little bit, and decided to wait until the album came out. The story doesn't really end there though. In fact, it only begins.

Everyone was freaking out. A new NIN record was coming, after all! I saw a commercial late at night. A teaser for the new album. Snippets from 'The Hand That Feeds' played and some cool artwork floated through the screen like a ghost. Then, the image of the words slowly came into focus. "just how deep do you believe? Nine Inch Nails, With Teeth, 5-3-05"

I turned into a schoolgirl, running around my bedroom freaking out over the commercial. The last NIN album had been a double record, called The Fragile, but you can only listen to an album so long in six years before you want something new. But more than that, I was believing in this record, deeply. Very deeply.

May 3rd came. I practically held my Grandfather at gunpoint, having him drive me up to the nearest Best Buy so I could claim my awesome prize. When I took the record up to the counter, the Cashier and I gossiped about the new album. "Yeah man, I saw them on TV and about flipped. I can't believe NIN is finally back!" I agreed with him vigorously. "Yeah, I'll be buying a copy later today. Enjoy the cd man!" I handed him the money and dashed out the door.

As I looked at the album packaging on the way home, cd in my cdplayer and playing through my titanium diaphram headphones I had purchased for 40 dollars at Radio Shack [YES! I remember this much about the specific timeframe!], I turned the case over in my hand. It was cardboard, which was typical for NIN cases. I liked them like that. But this bore no book. None. It turned out later, that you could go online and print a free poster out. A HUGE poster containing all the lyrics connected with 'the lines' as I call them. But we'll get to that later.

This case had some interesting artwork on it. I was stricken with a strange feeling as I glanced at it. This was a unique piece of art. There was something alive about it. The album track listing and names were surrounded with...brackets. The name of the album was [With_Teeth] and Nine Inch Nails was typed out 'Nine_Inch_Nails' with the 'N's backwards and very digital looking font. There were underscores. Everything was surrounded with brackets. It was like...like the whole thing was on some supercomputer, sending out the album music wireless-ly. It just breathed. And the fact that everything was bracketed had this sense that it was in a container. That everything had to be contained. Hidden. And there were these digital lines connecting everything. Trent's face was on it, the distortion and the lines eating at his body so that only half of him was visible.

The lyrics tied in even more. The music sounded raw, edgy in places. His lyrics though. "The rules have changed, the lines begin to blur!' on the song With Teeth, track sieben. The lyrics just fit the artwork so well. I'll post pictures below the story so you can get a good look yourself. The music video for 'The Hand That Feeds' involve a lot of these 'distorted lines' that I was becoming more and more infatuated with. Brackets! Distortion! Underscores! Digital feelings in the music. Decay. Decadency. Intense distorted drumming. The album changed how I viewed music and how I listened to it. It changed how I typed to the world on the computer, slowly but surely. And now I make my own 'music' of sorts, though I wouldn't really count it as much. But distortion really plays a heavy part in my sound. I have this album to thank for that.

...I've listened to this cd a lot. My last year for horrible allergies was the year I got the record. The following year, I was on the other side of the allergy hill, so to speak. I played the album while I studied at Tech School. A friend of mine and I skipped school and left early all the time, playing this in his tape deck. His favorite song was mine as well at the time, track five, 'love is not enough.' We listened to it all the time. He died that year. I cannot listen to that song without remembering those car rides. I cannot listen to 'Only' without remember my good old 'VH1' days. 'All The Love in The World' , the opening track to the album, I cannot listen to without remembering starting out of my window at night, watching Fireflies light up the corn field beyond. Every song reminds me of something. Getting Smaller was often listened to, by chance, during heavy bouts of raining. I would get so drenched. Summer is the season that carries the most WT memories.

I remember writing WT lyrics on paper and on a computer notepad just to pass the time during some boring classes I had in computer lab. I listened to 'Right Where it Belongs' all the time during cold, quiet nights. My skin turning numb from not wearing a coat, fingers barely clutching the cd player. These are all valid reasons NIN's WT is my favorite fucking album of this decade. This was a very hard thread to make. Afterall, there's a lot of great records out there. But making [With_Teeth] number one was not very hard. I didn't expect it to be. There's simply too much power in the notes of every song. 2005 was my favorite year for albums this decade. In fact, 2005 held the best times of my life. And I can't help but think how WT was along for that ride, and that maybe, just maybe...WT was one of the main reasons 2005 was such a great time to live.

- Regards to all music fans around the world, [Alexander_The_NINe] *wink*

[AT9's Top 10 Albums of the decade(2000-2010)] []Final Version[] 313957-EMGSQKL

[AT9's Top 10 Albums of the decade(2000-2010)] []Final Version[] 313960-0WRXOVC
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:24 am

witha teetha.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:39 am

Moses wrote:witha teetha.

[Best. Post. Ever]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Black Beard Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:34 am

I'll get around to this eventually. I'm finding it an overwhelming task right now. So many good albums to choose from.
Captain Black Beard
Captain Black Beard
[Admin of the seas]
[Admin of the seas]

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:15 am

[Yes, I agree. It sucked making that list]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:25 pm

Heh. To be honest, I only have a few of those, or even heard only a few. Finger Eleven, Three Days Grace, Deftones and NIN.

I listen to a lot of music, and I mean a LOT of music, and am quite widespread in my listenings, even though "metal" is in the centre. I have more than 400 something bands on my harddrive, and I listen to the whole playlist daily, almost never skipping any track at all. Funny thing is that even though I could say that I really LOVE the majority of these bands, I can still choose at least 6 albums with ease.

I don't listen to my favorite band all that often, which probably is one of the reasons they keep being number one for me, but they still steal the first 6 spots, or at least 6 of the spots at hand.

I won't make a list of my favorite albums this decade, I'm not sure I really could decide more than these six albums, or at least not decide the order. But here are the albums I'm talking about, every single one released this decade, and all of them by the same band:

Spoiler:

Other candidates? Here are a few that would probably make the list. But as I said, I don't think I can put them in any specific order, and they would probably mix themselves with all the Elvenking albums. But here they are:

Spoiler:

But I do agree, it is a very hard choice. And there a lot more I can choose from, but I'm not even going to try.
Angel
Angel
Button Masher!
Button Masher!

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Black Beard Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:04 pm

Damn, someone likes Elvenking
Captain Black Beard
Captain Black Beard
[Admin of the seas]
[Admin of the seas]

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:36 am

Who?
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Black Beard Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:29 am

Look at Angels first spoiler.
Captain Black Beard
Captain Black Beard
[Admin of the seas]
[Admin of the seas]

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:24 pm

Lol, yeah. My favorite band! Obviously! xD
Angel
Angel
Button Masher!
Button Masher!

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down