VideoGame Community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[This shit is not working Saibot!]

[Sony woes and yays, Site redesign]

Go down

[Sony woes and yays, Site redesign] Empty [Sony woes and yays, Site redesign]

[Hey everyone, is the new design good? I'm personally loving it {is a sucker for solid black with white text} Everyone can feel free to leave their feedback on the sites' new design here. Don't worry, nobody will be mad, I promise ^^. In other news, I was playing my PS2 and noticed the circle button wasn't doing so hot, so I dismantled it and attempted to diagnose the problem, something I've done a few times with PS2 controllers, and dozens of times with multiple systems in total. It was then that Sony's decision to cheapen everything really started to piss me off when I looked inside what used to be the best controller ever made. Instead of three circuit boards, there are two; the main one has been altered to suit their cheapass 'sock it to our shitty fans' standards. The setup used to be simple; there was a main board where all your buttons pressed into. Your buttons are attached to rubber pads, which press into sensory spots on the main PCB. Now, they have put in a very thin, clear plastic module with the sensory panels on it, and under that another set of panels]

[Here's where it hits you hard. Wanna know why my button wasn't working very well? It wasn't a broken pad, or a piece of plastic that had popped out. It was the fact that the thin plastic sheet with the sensory spots on it was so flimsy that it wasn't staying flat against the board, and so the sensory spot for the circle button wasn't lined up properly. Even more interesting was that I couldn't get the damn piece of shit to stay flat, and there was no room for me to tape it down. I am understanding of a piece of plastic breaks or a rubber bad tears; comes with the territory. But a plastic pad that won't stay flat is causing my button issues? This I cannot ignore. This is unforgivable. Sony Dualshock II controllers were the BEST on the market. They were comfortable and durable as hell, and heavy in your hands to boot. Now they are half the weight with cheaper parts that get air pockets in them. I am disgusted beyond belief]

[There is light at the end of the tunnel for me, at least. Sony has released the PS3 a few months ago, and very soon I will be on the 30 day countdown to D-day, when I finally purchase one. I'm excited to say the least, but their controller shenanigans leaves me wondering...what's next? I love Sony, I really do. Their main console disappointed me a lot, and was way too expensive, sure, but I've always followed that pattern with them. The system comes out, I realize there's not games I want for a while, and wait for them to 'patch things up' for a while. My issue is the direction they are taking with their hardware. PSone and old models of the PS2 controllers are outliving modern PS2 and even PS3 controllers. I don't know about you, but I think there's something wrong with that picture. I really do] -[AT9]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

[Sony woes and yays, Site redesign] :: Comments

Moses

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:51 am by Moses

I blame the slim models. Cause I can.

Back to top Go down

[Mr_Self_Destruct]

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:38 am by [Mr_Self_Destruct]

[Controller production and console production/design are separate]

Back to top Go down

Moses

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:14 pm by Moses

Yes but a company wide plan to cheapen the budget is not.

Back to top Go down

Magicalgnome

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:28 am by Magicalgnome

I haven't had a problem with my dual-shock 3's. Aside from the fact that they're too light for my taste. Of course I take care of my controllers, and my friends all know that if they break one they have to replace it.

It is a little disturbing how many I've heard of breaking.

Back to top Go down

[Mr_Self_Destruct]

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:44 am by [Mr_Self_Destruct]

[They don't just break. The most common thing I've experienced are cord short outs, which happens after about five months of gameplay for me. I have gone through around four PS2 controllers in two years. I have bought three more, and they are showing signs of deterioration] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Moses

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:54 am by Moses

I have 3 PS2 contollers and never had a problem. 2 PSone controllers (1 analog and one normal) never had a problem. 2 PS3 controllers (1 duel shock 3 and one sixaxis) and never had a problem.

On the other hand I barly play my 360 and I had to replace the controller it came with. It just wouldn't work one day. Just saying.

Back to top Go down

[Mr_Self_Destruct]

Post Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:26 pm by [Mr_Self_Destruct]

[Perhaps you're really lucky. I'm a huge PSone/PS2 gamer, and go through many controllers. And if you'll notice, I said they've redesigned them; I have never had problems with the older models of the PS2 controllers. Those things just don't die, and its one of the things I have always liked about them. They were heavy, hard to break and comfortable as hell]

Back to top Go down

Post Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:17 pm by K1llerL0mbaX

I am a fan of the PS3 and dont know why it wasnt obvious that they already came out with a slim model when they announced the creation of the new system! Also the design is cool!! it may need more orange though...... like a darker orange almost burnt ish but thats just me... and some BLOOD RED!!!!

Back to top Go down

TheDarkStarAlchemist

Post Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:16 am by TheDarkStarAlchemist

[Alexander_The_Nine] wrote:Sony has released the PS3 a few months ago

Huh?

Back to top Go down

[Mr_Self_Destruct]

Post Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:32 am by [Mr_Self_Destruct]

[The PS3 Darkstar, not the Playstation 3. They are two different entities]

Back to top Go down

Moses

Post Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:52 am by Moses

I am actually kinda surprised the slim verson wasn't called the PSthree.

I mean there was the PSone and the PStwo.

Back to top Go down

TheDarkStarAlchemist

Post Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:49 am by TheDarkStarAlchemist

Moses wrote:I blame the slim models. Cause I can.

I blame you.

Back to top Go down

Moses

Post Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:37 pm by Moses

I get that alot.

Back to top Go down

[Mr_Self_Destruct]

Post Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:37 pm by [Mr_Self_Destruct]

[lol]

Back to top Go down

togawa

Post Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:09 am by togawa