VideoGame Community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[This shit is not working Saibot!]

[Back From Vacation, Bioware Episode 2]

Go down

[Back From Vacation, Bioware Episode 2] Empty [Back From Vacation, Bioware Episode 2]

[For those that wish to skip my latest bitching on Bioware, just skip to the second paragraph, where Bioware is not mentioned]

[I am back from my short vacation, but apparently a vacation wasn't enough to keep me away from the headlines, where I discovered Bioware is once again showing how disrespectful and downright rude they are. They have recently stated that FF13 "is not an RPG, but a corridor crawler" am I the only one that has noticed Japanese RPG makers don't ever insult Western game companies for their style? Sure, Bioware games can be nice. But when it comes down to Bioware as people, are they likable? They remind me of the drunks at bars picking fights with peaceful people. I am appalled at the arrogance of Bioware Staff. Americanism at it's best; pick on everyone else for being different. Fuck you Bioware. Fuck you. I will move onto something different]

[My vacation was nice. I've realized more and more that I am very fond of kids, and wouldn't mind having one someday. My best friend has two kids now. That bastard, he's making me conscious of the fact that I'm 'not so little anymore.' A lot of fun times were had. My friend had me take a picture of him with a lightbulb in his mouth, a typical request really, considering other pictures we've taken over the years. We talked about the old times, the new times, games, music, pretty much anything that came to mind. As time went on, His wife being herself, my friend being himself, my cousin being his usual persona, I realized how much I missed being around them all. I have laughed more in the last two days that I have laughed the last six months. It was a terrible waste to not have been there nearly an entire year. I've been away from those wonderful people far too long, and I'll do my best to be around more often. "Uncle Alex" will watch the kids grow older too. I can't wait for his eldest boy to get old enough for me to take him out for a cup of coffee :3 Until next time guys] -[AT9]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

[Back From Vacation, Bioware Episode 2] :: Comments

Moses

Post Sat May 15, 2010 12:29 pm by Moses

I still don't see how one company saying a game is something is picking a fight, or hell even rude. Its a option and they are allowed to have it. To my knowledge I haven't seen them say something like "only black people and cunts play FF13 and they are gay too." It is just a option and its not that rude or bad of a thing that they are allowed to express it.

Secondly I am sure Japan has bad mouthed a game/games, and I am sure I wouldn't have to look hard for proof.

Lastly kids are loud and pull your hair.

Back to top Go down

[Mr_Self_Destruct]

Post Sat May 15, 2010 1:19 pm by [Mr_Self_Destruct]

[Not all kids : p. Also, Bioware particularly rips on the other companies. This time around is just a tack on from what they have said in the past, criticizing JRPGs in general, saying they were all lame. Call me old fashioned, but in my opinion calling other companies' games lame just because they use the Japanese style sounds pretty rude to me]

Back to top Go down

Moses

Post Sat May 15, 2010 4:18 pm by Moses

Again two sided street. I doubt it hasn't happened the other way.

And again, as I have said before on the last Bioware rant. How is telling a comapny that they should be more inventive and get out of the conventions rude? If no one tells you how you need to improve you never will. You may not like there option but constructive or even "mean" cretisisum is what changes the world. Not "yes men".

Just because they are a company doesn't mean they don't have options, I am tried of all this shit about how we need to be professional in all we do when "professional" means keeping it to ourselves.

Both company are in the RPG business. Bioware would just like to see square break the mold once in a while. Take a chance on a HUGE title, I don't see how that is rude or uncalled for.

Fans of RPGs asking for more from their RPGs, whats the world coming to?

Back to top Go down

[Mr_Self_Destruct]

Post Sat May 15, 2010 6:41 pm by [Mr_Self_Destruct]

[JRPG fans are largely not asking for more in their RPGs, not to mention most don't wany more. I am fine with how JRPGs are. Just fine. Bioware is not recommending they change things, but making fun of them for how their games are, calling theirs 'supperior']

Back to top Go down

Moses

Post Sat May 15, 2010 7:09 pm by Moses

Okay.

Back to top Go down

Pika

Post Sat May 15, 2010 7:20 pm by Pika

Sounds like a lovely vacation. I need one of those.
People, companies, everywhere people state opionions and/or spread rumors and/or make fun of others, that's just the way things are mostly. Eh, people... oh well, there are way better things out there than these (in my opinion) stupid things (opinions are good actually I guess) and I think we should put our energies and focus toward those things instead.

Back to top Go down

Captain Black Beard

Post Sat May 15, 2010 8:17 pm by Captain Black Beard

Hate ta say it,but I'm going to side with Moses on this one.

Back to top Go down

Saibot01

Post Sat May 15, 2010 8:58 pm by Saibot01

Well, the thing about that Bioware statement is the way it was said and with what goal it was expressed. This was not a friendly suggestion. That Bioware employee simply said this stuff to get his company into the headlines again and continue to propagate a definiton of RPG that is simply :"The stuff we make". Which is somewhat funny, considering some Bioware RPGs are also comparatively low on the roleplaying.

Apart from that, directly attacking the competition is not good business practice and eventually leads to advertisement becoming as bad as election campaigns.

Also, let us not forget that Final Fantasy XIII still sold massive amounts of copies even though it sank with professional reviewers. I think SquareEnix is the last company that needs Bioware's advice on how to develop games.

Back to top Go down

Moses

Post Sat May 15, 2010 10:27 pm by Moses

Saibot01 wrote:

Apart from that, directly attacking the competition is not good business practice and eventually leads to advertisement becoming as bad as election campaigns.

Being owned by EA is worse than anything they could say on their image.

Back to top Go down

Saibot01

Post Sun May 16, 2010 6:45 am by Saibot01

Moses wrote:
Saibot01 wrote:

Being owned by EA is worse than anything they could say on their image.

Shockingly true, but they do not have to make it worse.

Back to top Go down

Captain Black Beard

Post Sun May 16, 2010 11:23 am by Captain Black Beard

I like your new av Saibot.Is it by chance from nocturne?

Back to top Go down

Saibot01

Post Sun May 16, 2010 1:46 pm by Saibot01

Yep, a drawing of the Demi-Fiend.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down