VideoGame Community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[This shit is not working Saibot!]

Modern Warfare: Part I

5 posters

Go down

Modern Warfare: Part I Empty Modern Warfare: Part I

Post by K1llerL0mbaX Tue May 25, 2010 9:48 am

K1L0: review 1

To those interested in a game with a movie like story, remember-able characters, and and precision controls look no further (as long as you like first person shooters).

Modern Warfare won title for game of the year in 2009 and rightfully so. The entire package in itself (both 1 and 2) are a great buy and worth your time. Whether you are a veteran to FPS's or a noob, there is a difficulty for you.

Story- The story follows 'Soap' MacTavish the 'FNG'. Like many games, your the new guy. You'll be thrown into missions that go from a boat on the sea to a office building in a war torn town. Every set piece is made with to pull you further into the game and story line. The villains keep you wanting to play more until they are taken out, painfully. From the beginning all you want to do is get back at them. The story takes a few turns through mission types without it seeming like really telling you just to defend or make it somewhere. You also get to go back to one of your captains old missions that first involved one of the villains in main story.

Game play- There is around, well.... a bunch ton of different guns to use. Shotguns, assault rifles, snipers, light machine guns and pistols. Every gun has its own feel to it. With that, accuracy, recoil, effective range are different with EVERY gun you try. There is no one gun to use as opposed to another based on stats, but depending on your feel and your own preference you will wind up choosing a favorite. In story mode you will be given an aim assist which allows you to change which enemy your shooting at. With a simple click of the left trigger, this allows you to look down your sights and quickly changes where you are aiming if there is an enemy close to where you were facing. While this feature makes targeting a bit easier when doing things like running down a hall, it doesn't make things too easy. There is still quite a bit of skill that you will need to get though the game (depending on which difficulty you choose)
You can sprint, crawl (go prone), and crouch, along with regular run and stand. Along with how you can control your character you can also shoot through thin material. Something that can be shot through in real life, can be shot through in the game. This is a great and terrible thing. While enemies can be killed with a thoughtful shot through a thin wall or fence, so can you. Be careful what you determine as your cover.

Ascetics- Once you get in there you won't want to come out. The music is just perfect for what you want. A musical score that keeps you in the moment while simultaneously building suspense. It works so well that you will forget about everything around you, and when the action stops briefly before the next fire fight it will keep you in there like a vice.
The look of the game is great. While not breaking barriers both the voice acting and graphics make it look and feel reel. The features on the characters are well done, showing even the slightest stubble. The level design is no different. Every level in the single and multi-player are artfully crafted. Down to the tiniest pixel, and every fire fight area is different as to mix up the action.

Multi-Player- There are a dozen pre-made classes to choose from in the multi-player, each with their own pros and cons. There are perks to each class whether it is full metal jackets to more easily pierce thin walls, or a silencer so you cant be seen on the radar. There is also kill-streak rewards. These give you a rewards for getting so many kills in a row. Split screen with a friend or on Live you are guaranteed to have a good time. (good times may vary depending on the jerks on line... or in your house)

To me, this is fantastic game. Story, ascetics, and everything else all in a great package.
98% (there is always room for improvement, even though it would be hard to find)

Last edited by K1llerL0mbaX on Thu May 27, 2010 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

K1llerL0mbaX
GAMER!
GAMER!

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Modern Warfare: Part I Empty Re: Modern Warfare: Part I

Post by Saibot01 Tue May 25, 2010 2:23 pm

This seriously needs a proof reader. Ascetics made me lol, among other things.

Also, if I did not know this game I would have the following questions:

"What makes it so much better than other tactical shooters?"
"For what system is it? For which should I buy it? Are there differences?"
"What about the sound"?

Important side info, like no dedicated servers for the PC version, would also be neat.

Also, this is perhaps the first review of MW2 that does not mention the airport scene in any way. Whether it needs to be discussed is a matter of opinion, but I am throwing it out there.
Saibot01
Saibot01
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Character sheet
Test Game:

http://randomsquad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Tue May 25, 2010 2:51 pm

To be fair nothing about the airport stage even needs to be talked about.

Forced shock value is not fun or entertaining.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by togawa Wed May 26, 2010 11:11 am

There is a thread name typing error:
Memeber Reviews instead of Member Reviews
togawa
togawa
GAMER!
GAMER!

Character sheet
Test Game:

http://www.jellotime.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Saibot01 Wed May 26, 2010 11:20 am

Fail.

Also:

Moses wrote:To be fair nothing about the airport stage even needs to
be talked about.

Forced shock value is not fun or
entertaining.

Well, if the very first mission in the game is neither fun nor entertaining I think this would deserve to be mentioned.
Saibot01
Saibot01
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Wed May 26, 2010 1:18 pm

Its not the first. Its like the 3rd.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by Saibot01 Wed May 26, 2010 1:30 pm

Moses wrote:Its not the first. Its like the 3rd.

An interesting point. All this time I was never even properly informed which mission it is.
Saibot01
Saibot01
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by K1llerL0mbaX Wed May 26, 2010 7:38 pm

also and i should have stated this that is part one meaning the first modern warfare. thanks for the critique! i want to get better and thanks saibot! greatly appreciated

K1llerL0mbaX
GAMER!
GAMER!

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Black Beard Thu May 27, 2010 1:16 am

togawa wrote:There is a thread name typing error:
Oh snap.I really need to proof read some of this shit.
Also: I cannot critique this review as I have yet to play this game.
Captain Black Beard
Captain Black Beard
[Admin of the seas]
[Admin of the seas]

Back to top Go down

Post by togawa Thu May 27, 2010 8:22 am

Captain Black Beard wrote:
togawa wrote:There is a thread name typing error:
Oh snap.I really need to proof read some of this shit.

I changed the world! Modern Warfare: Part I 692258
togawa
togawa
GAMER!
GAMER!

Character sheet
Test Game:

http://www.jellotime.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by K1llerL0mbaX Thu May 27, 2010 11:56 am

Captain Black Beard wrote:
Also: I cannot critique this review as I have yet to play this game.
The point of the critique wasnt for the game just more of like the prosess. like what saibot said above about different things to say about it. Im just looking for ways to improve my review abilities. ive been looking at how gametrailers does it and also how gameinformer does it. so its kind of a mix between them

K1llerL0mbaX
GAMER!
GAMER!

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:59 pm

As a note about 'No Russian' (which may even be off topic since I know this isn't even the right game, but maybe not since it has been discussed here...) You don't have to play it. They give you the option as you start the game to not see or play any of the more morbid levels, but I guess they could have been more up front about that. Would you like to SKIP the level where you literally mow down hundreds of civvies with an LMG?

Although, as a purist (aka a morbid freak) I'd hope that everyone would play it anyway. Reminds me of Brutal Legend kinda, if you've played it. They wait until right before Jack Black says the 'fucker' part of 'motherfucker' to ask if you'd like them to censor things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down