VideoGame Community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[This shit is not working Saibot!]

[Gaming Lifestyles]

Go down

[Gaming Lifestyles] Empty [Gaming Lifestyles]

[Catherine, a puzzle game developed by Atlus, is out now. Made by the Persona team as a way to take a break from the monotony of the Persona series, it made a big splash with its risque trailers and interesting scenarios. It was around June 2010 that the game was unveiled in a trailer, and I kept my eyes glued to the net ever since. Everyday, I woke up and thought about Catherine. And then, in February 2011, it was released in Japan. I started a Japanese PSN account so I could play the Japanese demo. I read article after article on the game. And I waited another six months on the localization. I pre-ordered the special edition. And then when the game finally arrived, I was the first at the store that day. I was let in a few minutes early. Gamestop employees are gamers themselves, and nearly everyone at mine are Atlus fans. We understood each other. We were all giddy. I got my already paid, pre-ordered Love Is Over Edition of Catherine and I marched out of that store with clouds under my feet]

[I put on the shirt that day, I slipped the pillowcase over my pillow, and lord help me, I am not into boxers, but there will be a picture of me with all three! As I recorded the unwrapping of the box, I kept thinking, man, I am really crazy into games. But no, that isn't it at all. Gaming is not something you do. It is a lifestyle. It is what drives the true gamers. It is what drives me. I wake up excited on some days, knowing what I have laying on my desk, next to my PS3. Knowing what is on my harddrive of the PC. Knowing what just came out on PSN, what I can download and play on the fly. This is what I do. This is what I dream of. This is what I wanna do as a profession. This is my life, and I wouldn't trade it for the world]
Spoiler:

[Gaming is a lifestyle for those hardcore gamers out there. We inhale and digest it. We go to game conventions. We play online. We check for news multiple times a day because we are bored. We think of possible sequels while we sex our lovers. Going to far? Maybe. That's for you to decide for yourself. My point is, I realize overtime that I very much have this lifestyle. When Catherine was unwrapped, both my friend and I were playing 2 separate copies on our PS3's. We got a shitton of pop and, throughout the week, a lot of Chinese was ordered and devoured. We sat, ate food, drank soda and pounded out the Catherine endings. What did YOU do on that week?]
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

[So while we are at it, post YOUR stories! Share your fondest memories of waiting for a game! Things you did to pass the time, and things you did when you got it. And remember to game on. Expect a picture and a video involving my Catherine stuff sometime! Auf wiedersehen!] -AT9-
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

[Gaming Lifestyles] :: Comments

Saibot01

Post Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:46 pm by Saibot01

Staying up all night because I could not sleep the day before getting a long-awaited game.

Back to top Go down