VideoGame Community!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[This shit is not working Saibot!]

Sixaxis Games

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sixaxis Games Empty Sixaxis Games

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:59 pm

You know, those PSN games that cost like $5-$10? The only ones I have played are Flower and flOw, but both were masterpieces. Not complex at all, but visually face-melting.
Also, flOw needs an RTS, the creatures are so easily classified as standard RTS units. If you don't know what I'm talking about and you have a PS3, go drop the whole $8 on it. It's infinitely better than the flash version, and it has more characters.

Back to top Go down

Sixaxis Games Empty Re: Sixaxis Games

Post by Moses Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:22 pm

....pass.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:38 am

[Six axis huh? No thanks]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:06 am

Yeah, it's a corny mid way point, but it's a step directly toward a decent VR. MoCap suits already exist, it's just a matter of making them easy enough for the average gamer to understand. Don't get me wrong, the Wii and all the Camera games are elementary, but they are just test runs of programming that will eventually change not just gaming, but anything that relies on user input.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:56 am

I don't want motion control to become a normal. Infact MOST PEOPLE (not just hardcore games, I am talking people in general) do not like the idea of full motion control.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:10 pm

[Word. Preach it MOsEs! Wait.....that sounded wrong >_>]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:57 pm

Wants proof. Not just the forum, a legit survey.

And it's not just a gaming thing, it's a huge aspect of engineering.

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:59 pm

[Its an aspect of fuck motion control! At least give us the OPTION not to use it]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:09 am

ShamelessCrimes wrote:Wants proof. Not just the forum, a legit survey.

And it's not just a gaming thing, it's a huge aspect of engineering.

Well in that aspect I want proof that motion control is helping anything with engineering. My "proof" sadly is purly from people I know. And MOST of the people I know hate the idea of motion control. And most don't play games.

Motion control is a toy, and lets not even act like its a new toy. The tech behind it has been around for over 20 years. It is NOW just CHEAP enough to mass produce. Nothing new is being learned, everyone also seems to forget the PlayStation eye for the PS2....which is more advance than the wii is, but was a bad concept in procatice and was never used well. People act like nintendo invented VR controls and that it all started in a lab in 2004.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:12 am

[MOsEs is fired up muthafuckas! Can't blame her though, and I agree. I cannot begin to describe how much I hate motion control. What's worse is that I know in the future, they are going to try and shove it down our throats. All systems will adopt the shit. I like Microsoft's approach to it; make it an extension of the system...and OPTIONAL extension. I like that a lot more. You like motion control? buy the extension and the games. Don't like it? Its' cool...you can play all the games without it. Nintendo could learn from this]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:24 am

That being said I have played ONE sixaxis game....it was something about getting rubber duckys around in a tub....anyway was ok. I do like that sony has mostly abandoned this idea and the few games (new that is) that use it allow you to turn it off.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:27 am

[lol, I didn't think they'd stay with sixaxis for long]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:31 am

Was a silly last minute tack on idea. And to think they thought no one would miss rumble either.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:33 am

[I know right? They fucked up, not using the rumble. Not only did everyone like Rumble, but damn the controllers were light without it!!]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:38 am

Well they didn't take out the rumble to piss people off. They toke it out to dodge that court case calling Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony on copyright infingment for the idea of rumble. So when sony didn't have rumble they got exempt. And when the case solved and the "3 bigs" won, sony suddenly had the dual shock 3 adds out.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:40 am

[People need to stop sueing over stupid shit, wouldn't you agree? I mean come on, sueing over rights to rumble? We are surrounded by idiots MOsEs]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:27 am

[Alexander_The_Nine] wrote:[MOsEs is fired up muthafuckas! Can't blame her though, and I agree. I cannot begin to describe how much I hate motion control. What's worse is that I know in the future, they are going to try and shove it down our throats. All systems will adopt the shit. I like Microsoft's approach to it; make it an extension of the system...and OPTIONAL extension. I like that a lot more. You like motion control? buy the extension and the games. Don't like it? Its' cool...you can play all the games without it. Nintendo could learn from this]

If that ain't proof enough, just look at the technology that's been mentioned right here: The Eye Toy, Wii, Sixaxis, any security system, the power glove (It's so bad...) and even automatic sliding doors are all just ways that engineering has slipped this fascination with unorthodox user input into our daily lives, and it's just exactly as you said, Moses: It's a toy. A toy that inventors want to see polished and refined and stuck into not just videogames, but traveling and communicating and wherever else they can put it. You don't have to like it, but you can be certain that it isn't going to die off after the wii is done.

Other Examples of MoCap: The wireframe models of many videogames and CGI films, Human Locomotion investigation, the cool CSI screen, many animes featuring enormous robots, Gyroscopes, Laser triplines... I'm sure that there are thousands of applications, and that's excluding the more rudimentary analog styles such as Mousetraps and their ilk, whose basic purpose is the same: React to the presence of an object, do not react to the absence of an object.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:44 am

Still doesn't denounce the fact that its still buggy at this point and FORCING a buggy product on consumers is not a sound business plan....let consumer still eat it up. I just don't like the idea of the wii forcing me to used the wii mote. If ALL games had the option of GC/Classic controller or wiimote we wouldn't even be talking about it right now, cause it would be totally the person playings preference.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:04 am

valid points. Yeah, it's buggy, but that never stopped anyone in marketing (Call it 'challenging'). And allowing preference of controller would and in many cases does alleviate the frustration of the wiimote not understanding the difference between slashing and a circular motion on those games that the hardcore gamers will be playing, such as Brawl.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saibot01 Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:27 am

The problem with such "revolutionary" input systems is also that often, but not always, the developers seem to make it the main selling point of a game and then even manage to screw that up.

Not direct motion control, but related: The RTS Endwar had voice control. You actually controlled units by speaking: "Unit Bravo attack Target Zulu" and such stuff into a microphone, but in the end not only was the classical control on the PC version easier, the game was also a mediocre RTS at its core. The console version profited somewhat from the voice control, but everyone who seriously wants to play RTS on a console would get himself a mouse...
Saibot01
Saibot01
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Character sheet
Test Game:

http://randomsquad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:16 am

Lifeline (2004) for the PS2 also used voice control. It was hit or miss most of the time.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:04 pm

Moses wrote:If ALL games had the option of GC/Classic controller or wiimote we wouldn't even be talking about it right now, cause it would be totally the person playings preference.

[This is the sum of my opinion. I would have a lot more Wii games if the gamecube controller could be used instead. .....A LOT more games. How many DO I have? I'm glad you asked. Three. How many of those three do I love? One. I'd say that's pretty cut and dry]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moses Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:20 pm

When I owned my wii I had 4 games. I beat one of them....with the GC controller.
Moses
Moses
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Back to top Go down

Post by [Mr_Self_Destruct] Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:31 pm

[Go MOsEs! Gamecube controller beats the Wii controller with both shoulder buttons tied behind its' handles!] Sixaxis Games 144979
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Mr_Self_Destruct]
[Admin of The Skies]
[Admin of The Skies]

Character sheet
Test Game:

Back to top Go down

Post by Saibot01 Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:10 am

HA!

I do like the Wiimote, but there few good games for the Wii, IMO. So it might as well suck.
Saibot01
Saibot01
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Character sheet
Test Game:

http://randomsquad.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down